Your Trade-up Candidate

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
1. Name the player;
2. Name the round;
3. The point you'd trade up for said player

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Barnett and Reddick. If either got past Detroit at 21, I'm working the phones to see what it takes to jump up 4-5 spots. I'd only be willing to give up a 4th. Or maybe swap our 3rd for the other teams 4th.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Great defensive draft, we desperately need defense. We can get guys who can start on (this) defense in the 3rd and 4th round. This is not the draft you trade up in, unless the cost is small and/or next year's picks.

That being said, I fully expect Jerry to get impatient and pull off a 2nd round trade up, probably for someone I'm not that thrilled about like Charles Harris or Basham. Teams have admitted that they usually can count on Jerry to do something rash on draft day. Last year, one FO person from another team was quoted saying that, but also said that Stephen may be the difference now.

Plankton

Reaction score
If anything, I look to add second and third rounders by trading down this year. In the second day, there are a lot of solid players at positions of need available to be found.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No trading up this year as far as I'm concerned. Jerry? That's a whole nuther question.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Name the player;
2. Name the round;
3. The point you'd trade up for said player
Notice how everyone says " we shouldnt trade up" yet no one complains about trading up for Dez Bryant.

IMO, if you have a top 10-15 grade on a guy and he is fallen into the 20's, moving up is something you shouldn't consider unless to value of the trade offers is too poor

JBS

Reaction score
I'm moving up for Malik Hooker

I'd start making calls at pick 15

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Notice how everyone says " we shouldnt trade up" yet no one complains about trading up for Dez Bryant.

IMO, if you have a top 10-15 grade on a guy and he is fallen into the 20's, moving up is something you shouldn't consider unless to value of the trade offers is too poor

The "no trade up" isn't for every draft. We needed another weapon for Romo, so moving up to get Dez was understandable.
But we just lost a boatload of players particularly from our secondary. We need more picks not less.

I wouldn't trade up for any player because I don't see any of these players as generational players. And let's assume by some odd occurrence Myles Garrett drops. Wouldn't you wonder why he was dropping and why other teams who normally would want a "generational" pass rusher are not taking him?