your views please

Refugee1

Reaction score
on first pick, i traded to the end of 1, out of one pick at the end of 2 into early three then a later trade down too

the result was one of my favourites

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 32 (N.E.): Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State

A potential starting LDE, and inside in the Nickel. Plug and play while Lawrence is on the other side/Hardy is suspended

Round 2 Pick 31 (SEA): Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

Feel pretty sure we need a CB early on, this might be unrealistic but sitting here

Round 3 Pick 5 (WASH): Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

Aaron Donald-lite, put him next to Crawford for extra disruption in the front four

Round 3 Pick 27: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.)

Two down thumper, depth at MLB/McClain insurance too

Round 3 Pick 31 (SEA): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor

I've picked up extra picks, allowing a slight luxury here. Develop as required behind Romo

Round 4 Pick 28: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California

The last spot i could realistically pick a RB. Wanted Mike Davis, went a few spots before this

Round 5 Pick 27: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma

Has played both sides, we need a back up tackle in this draft. Huge, develop him

Round 6 Pick 6 (WASH): Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford

PR/WR to replace Harris

Round 7 Pick 19: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma

Depth, run blocking power guard to compete with Bernadaeu

Round 7 Pick 26: Kyshoen Jarrett, SS, Virginia Tech

Special teams tackler, back up Church.

Again, i am not so much concerned that the sites rankings might be unrealistic, more that the names/positions i choose at the spots look sensible

what do you think?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not a Petty fan ,he is already 24 and by the time he will be NFL ready he will 26 - 27.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Your draft is accurate except swap Perryman and Jarrett in the 3rd. I would be happy with this draft. only pick i didnt like was Petty but thats just me. I dont like any of the QB's in this draft to be honest.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
on first pick, i traded to the end of 1, out of one pick at the end of 2 into early three then a later trade down too

the result was one of my favourites

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 32 (N.E.): Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State

A potential starting LDE, and inside in the Nickel. Plug and play while Lawrence is on the other side/Hardy is suspended

Round 2 Pick 31 (SEA): Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

Feel pretty sure we need a CB early on, this might be unrealistic but sitting here

Round 3 Pick 5 (WASH): Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

Aaron Donald-lite, put him next to Crawford for extra disruption in the front four

Round 3 Pick 27: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.)

Two down thumper, depth at MLB/McClain insurance too

Round 3 Pick 31 (SEA): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor

I've picked up extra picks, allowing a slight luxury here. Develop as required behind Romo

Round 4 Pick 28: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California

The last spot i could realistically pick a RB. Wanted Mike Davis, went a few spots before this

Round 5 Pick 27: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma

Has played both sides, we need a back up tackle in this draft. Huge, develop him

Round 6 Pick 6 (WASH): Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford

PR/WR to replace Harris

Round 7 Pick 19: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma

Depth, run blocking power guard to compete with Bernadaeu

Round 7 Pick 26: Kyshoen Jarrett, SS, Virginia Tech

Special teams tackler, back up Church.

Again, i am not so much concerned that the sites rankings might be unrealistic, more that the names/positions i choose at the spots look sensible

what do you think?
I think Jones might end up getting picked before Smith.

bodi

Reaction score
I really don't like the Petty

Thompson pick he slow footed IMO

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Love the first 3 picks. I could actually see the Jones and Smith picks flip-flopped. Take a RB at either of the late 3rd round picks and you have a winner.

Montgomery and Jarrett are likely immediate ST contributors with enough talent to possibly contribute at their respective positions in some capacity.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The first 4 guys you took, I would really like for the Cowboys.

I see that as likely as well. Jones is just flying up boards, and probably rightly so. Fantastic athlete who also has good tape and his character and work ethic is impeccable.

I still like Kevin Johnson better... but this guy is a very nice prospect. I think he goes round 1.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think they will take a RB like Ajayi in the 2nd (unless Gurley drops) but Buck Allen in the 4th would be a very good value pick. Also I started a thread on draft Trey Williams in the 7th as a 3rd Down Back to replace Dunbar, if he dropped that far I think he would be a steal.