Your way too early cut down to 75 list

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes there is another PS game to be played Thursday, but then there is the cut down to 75.
I believe we have 2 roster spots open. But I will still list my players.

Chris brown was put on IR, so that leaves 14, and there was the other open spot. So as of now there will be 13 players moves to make.

First, why haven't they put Moore on IR. This will be one move that is obvious. Or should be. so now 12 players to be released. Some players will be kept, just so they will have enough to use in the 4th preseason game. They may keep Wile for KO's as not to have Bailey out there. But I will list him for now, as they need to see more from the defensive guys.

My guess is this.
K, Wile
WR, Rod Smith, Mullaney
OL, Stiverson, J. Smith, Witzmann
LB, Muamba, Hepburn
DL, McAdoo, Wood
DB, Colquhoun, Swanson

If not McAdoo, then possibly Coe or Okoye or if not Swanson, then maybe Frey. Other possibles is Akunne at LB.
Also anything on Gackhar and his thumb, could this be an IR type of thing? I have heard nothing on this.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes there is another PS game to be played Thursday, but then there is the cut down to 75.
I believe we have 2 roster spots open. But I will still list my players.

Chris brown was put on IR, so that leaves 14, and there was the other open spot. So as of now there will be 13 players moves to make.

First, why haven't they put Moore on IR. This will be one move that is obvious. Or should be. so now 12 players to be released. Some players will be kept, just so they will have enough to use in the 4th preseason game. They may keep Wile for KO's as not to have Bailey out there. But I will list him for now, as they need to see more from the defensive guys.

My guess is this.
K, Wile
WR, Rod Smith, Mullaney
OL, Stiverson, J. Smith, Witzmann
LB, Muamba, Hepburn
DL, McAdoo, Wood
DB, Colquhoun, Swanson

If not McAdoo, then possibly Coe or Okoye or if not Swanson, then maybe Frey. Other possibles is Akunne at LB.
Also anything on Gackhar and his thumb, could this be an IR type of thing? I have heard nothing on this.
If they move Moore to IR now, he has to pass through waivers. If they do it at the final cut, then he goes directly to IR. I doubt they would use the designated for return IR spot on him, but if they wanted to do that, then he would have to be on the 53 for the initial cut and then moved to DFR-IR.

The cut to 75 is before the final preseason game. They will likely keep most of the backup OL for that game and then cut down to about 8 OL for the 53.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they move Moore to IR now, he has to pass through waivers. If they do it at the final cut, then he goes directly to IR. I doubt they would use the designated for return IR spot on him, but if they wanted to do that, then he would have to be on the 53 for the initial cut and then moved to DFR-IR.

The cut to 75 is before the final preseason game. They will likely keep most of the backup OL for that game and then cut down to about 8 OL for the 53.

Thanks for the clarification about Moore. I forgot about that.
Yes, I have them keeping 12 OL going into that final PS game.