You're Going All In, Jerry? Prove It. Get Patrick Queen

visionary

Reaction score
Patrick Queen didn't become who he is until Roquan Smith arrived. I've been watching Baltimore a long time...he will NOT be the field general we need. ROQUAN is that guy...I don't think PQ is worth it

5 yr 92M (18MM/yr)

This is per Sportrac, Micah likely is coming in at 30M so this has to be draft. If we are spending 20MM get Madibuke or Chris Jones for a bit more?
Agree
Give me Wilkins for that money

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
2 things can be true….the cowboys will likely not be big name shopping but if they wanted to they could manipulate the cap to create space. Whether it’s extensions, releases, restructures there’s plenty of avenues for them to create room.

exciter

Reaction score
Why? Haven't we learned how important good linebacker play is, or do we still want safeties converted to linebacker?
Hmmm… for the season we finished 16th vs the run (112 yards per game) with said converted safety. Sandwiched between buffalo 110 ypc and KC 113ypg. The Ravens were 14th at 109 ypg. You really want to drop a 100m contract on an off the ball LB who was 2nd fiddle on a team that wasn’t much better at our perceived issue of converted safety?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Hmmm… for the season we finished 16th vs the run (112 yards per game) with said converted safety. Sandwiched between buffalo 110 ypc and KC 113ypg. The Ravens were 14th at 109 ypg. You really want to drop a 100m contract on an off the ball LB who was 2nd fiddle on a team that wasn’t much better at our perceived issue of converted safety?
They wear down as season goes on, id rather Dallas spend that money on front 7 then the secondary

J_Allen

Reaction score
I was concentrating on him during the KC game, it was pretty easy with the white gloves he wears.

I was not impressed for a player that is going to garner $20 million a year.

I think we can sign a bridge player like Wagner till a permanent solution is found at less than half the cost.
We can always bring Jaylon Smith back too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? Haven't we learned how important good linebacker play is, or do we still want safeties converted to linebacker?
I think typically when you pay linebackers it bites you in the ***. Good linebacker play typically occurs when guys are on their rookie deal. By the time it’s time to lay them they are no longer in the prime of their career. You can’t trick your way into getting better at linebacker. You need to find them in the draft.

dware94

Reaction score
Haha, tell me you don’t know ball without telling me you don’t know ball. From a poster that is 99.9% anti Dak says go all out on a MLB. While we all know that linebacker is a need, paying top dollar on linebacker that had to trade for Roquan to make them relevant. Before you bash, go look at queens stats prior to the trade.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The only Queen we have a chance for is Lightening McQueen, and the guy on our team with the name closest to Queen just left to be HC for the W Footballwhatchamacalltems

RoboQB

Reaction score
Patrick Queen didn't become who he is until Roquan Smith arrived. I've been watching Baltimore a long time...he will NOT be the field general we need. ROQUAN is that guy...I don't think PQ is worth it

5 yr 92M (18MM/yr)

This is per Sportrac, Micah likely is coming in at 30M so this has to be draft. If we are spending 20MM get Madibuke or Chris Jones for a bit more?
100% agree.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
A 4 year supply of papa John's should seal the deal
It will have to be the one with unlimited toppings that Stephen keeps for himself.

But seriously, unfortunately, these are not the FA this FO is looking for. They are looking for the ones that have little to no leverage like coming off an injury, or too old, or on their last legs. you know, the ones they find in the dumpsters behind the Dollar Store and Dollar General. Looking for the diamond in the rough. But most of the time, wind up with rough.

oh, and "going all in"...means really diving in and leaving no trash unturned.

GoldenR

Reaction score
You guys are completely misunderstanding Jerry going all in. Picking up a Derrick H. and getting some of our guys resigned is what that means. An extention for Dak to clear up some $$$ to do that and possibly a WR of a little above avg. is going all in gentlemen. Every year you and I see great players in F.A. and we think he may come to Dallas only to see him go elsewhere. We fall for it every SINGLE off season.