You're Jerry Jones. What changes do you make this offseason?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Win or lose this game, what changes do you make this offseason?

It can be coaching staff, players, anything.

I draft heavy on the offensive line myself. No player there is safe. I draft player after player until someone can actually step up and be effective.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The obvious, Find a coaching staff and rebuild the OL.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The only thing I'll add is that the reconstruction can be really quick if Romo is the answer and we bring in a real defensive coordinator. We have all our draft picks and 3 decent OL (Flo will be a good RT, Gurode at center, Kosier at LG) - we need to find a LT and a RG.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
1) DC - Sorry Zimmer, there's too much talent on Defense to still lack a passrush

2) OC/OLine coach - Fire Sporano now.

OT - Need to bet better at either LT or RT

amuze

Reaction score
How about waiting until the end of the season to argue this one...

Bizwah

Reaction score
I agree, let's let the season play out.

You know, I'm sick of seeing the Giants play crappy, have a heart-to-heart, and play like gangebusters.

If all it takes is a heart-to-heart, then we need one....badly.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
amuze;1109726 said:
How about waiting until the end of the season to argue this one...

Basically it's here:(

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Avery;1109568 said:
Win or lose this game, what changes do you make this offseason?

It can be coaching staff, players, anything.

I draft heavy on the offensive line myself. No player there is safe. I draft player after player until someone can actually step up and be effective.

make Tuna GM and remove him as coach along with Zimmer.

trade up to top-10 pick for pedigree QB who can start next year by week 4

draft 2-3 OL

entertain trades for Roy & Ellis

the rest is moot.

sillycon

Reaction score
I'm kinda conflicted... It's been said that Mike Zimmer is at fault for not getting pressure with the talent we have. Yet, one wonders if the talent itself has been overrated? I've been saying this in the game thread but IMO, it lokos like a combination of both.. The talent is overrated (though good) and the coaching staff doesn't really do anything to maximize the talent and/or adjust to exploit weaknesses in their opponents (or to minimize our weaknesses as well)...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sillycon;1109962 said:
I'm kinda conflicted... It's been said that Mike Zimmer is at fault for not getting pressure with the talent we have. Yet, one wonders if the talent itself has been overrated? I've been saying this in the game thread but IMO, it lokos like a combination of both.. The talent is overrated (though good) and the coaching staff doesn't really do anything to maximize the talent and/or adjust to exploit weaknesses in their opponents (or to minimize our weaknesses as well)...

BP restrains Zimmer, and our front 7 players aren't winning individual battles consistently

that's it really

Little Jr

Reaction score
sillycon;1109962 said:

I dont think the talent is overrated but I still dont put the blame on Zim. BP has full control over the D and O. If we're not blitzing enough and putting pressure on the QB its on BP.

I would change the HC and build the OL.

amuze

Reaction score
I'm still upset that JJ didn't pull a Steinbrenner and sign Drew Brees. I've been diggin' that baller for 3 years now. He would have been such a sweet fit in our offense with these receivers...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
despite the 3 picks i dont think we need a QB, i think romo has looked good

the first was a tough bounce
the 2nd was bad
the third looked like miscommunication