Yu Darvish signed

Rackat

Reaction score
105.3 reports 6 year $100 million plus contract. Darvish will wear number 11.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rackat;4385344 said:
105.3 reports 6 year $100 million plus contract. Darvish will wear number 11.

That sound EXTREMELY unlikely. That is over $25M a year with the $51.7M already signed over to the Fighters. ($25.3M a year)

Besides, they say it's a 5 year deal with a player option for a sixth year and it's also noted that some in the Darvish clan aren't happy about the dollar figures being discussed. That tells me $100M is not right. That is more than CC's deal that pays him an average of $24.4M

...unless that $100M includes the $51.7M to the Fighters. $110M / 6 would be $18.3M. That is more likely.

Rackat

Reaction score
They said the that includes the $51 milion posting fee. So the contract without the posting fee will be well over $50 million for 6 years.
They also said it was likely the 6th year is an opt out year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rackat;4385354 said:
They said the that includes the $51 milion posting fee. So the contract without the posting fee will be well over $50 million for 6 years.

That would mean it's about $8.3M? ($50M/6)

Rackat

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be more than $50 million. How much more is the question.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SWEET...

He is going to be the most watched pitcher in years come this baseball season...

His unique talent will be fun to watch. I hope it translates to MLB...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rackat;4385354 said:
That would be awesome.

Rackat

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4385365 said:
If it's sub $10M / year. Do they sign Fielder too? :muttley:
Mike Bassick (sp?) is saying that they are still trying to work deals with Fielder and Oswalt. Now, with that rotation and line up.....ooooh baby!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rackat;4385369 said:
Mike Bassick (sp?) is saying that they are still trying to work deals with Fielder and Oswalt. Now, with that rotation and line up.....ooooh baby!

With Darvish I can't see Oswalt. I think Oswalt was strictly an option if Darvish didn't sign. If he did sign, it would have to be for cheap. (he has back issues, and is highly risky) They've already got an overload of starting pitching.

I still can't understand the Feliz to the rotation and kicking Ogando back to the bullpen. I don't see Feliz as starting quality yet. Ogando has shown he can do it now.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ZOMG if we can get oswalt and fielder, we would be amazing! GIT R DONE NOWLAN RAAN!!!!

Rackat

Reaction score
CBSDFW ON TWITTER
1053thefan Yu Darvish is a #Ranger and @1053RAGE is breaking it down RIGHT NOW! Get the details as they happen. #embraceyourRAGE about 1 hour ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Rackat

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4385377 said:
With Darvish I can't see Oswalt. I think Oswalt was strictly an option if Darvish didn't sign. If he did sign, it would have to be for cheap. (he has back issues, and is highly risky) They've already got an overload of starting pitching.

I still can't understand the Feliz to the rotation and kicking Ogando back to the bullpen. I don't see Feliz as starting quality yet. Ogando has shown he can do it now.

Probably right on Oswalt, but it wouldn't be farfetched if they did sign him. Fielder would need to have a heavily back-loaded contract to make it work.

I actually like the idea of Feliz in the rotation, but I would like to see Ogando stay in the rotation as well. With our prospects and current staff, we could make some hellacious deals at trade time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rackat;4385388 said:
Probably right on Oswalt, but it wouldn't be farfetched if they did sign him. Fielder would need to have a heavily back-loaded contract to make it work.

I actually like the idea of Feliz in the rotation, but I would like to see Ogando stay in the rotation as well. With our prospects and current staff, we could make some hellacious deals at trade time.

If Oswalt wants a chance at a championship, he could sign for cheap. I'm sure the Rangers would look at that. He would be the senior pitcher on the staff. A good thing to have. Lee did a lot for CJ Wilson.

I wouldn't count it out completely, but he would have to sign for cheap I'm sure.

Rackat

Reaction score
Same thing applies for Fielder. He may sign for a "little" less for a chance at a Championship. I really like what the new ownership has done. As a long suffering fan that sat in the ratty bleachers at the old ball park and watched some terrible teams...but had a grand time...this is freaking exciting!!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rackat;4385394 said:
Same thing applies for Fielder. He may sign for a "little" less for a chance at a Championship. I really like what the new ownership has done. As a long suffering fan that sat in the ratty bleachers at the old ball park and watched some terrible teams...but had a grand time...this is freaking exciting!!

I can think of a lot of reason to sign in Texas over Washington DC.

1. Chance at a Championship
  2. Flat out better team
  3. A hitter friendly park.
  4. A short right field porch for a power hitting lefty.
  5. A first class team with a first class front office.
  6. Top 10 team in attendance. (Washington was 20th)
  7. Texas has better pitching.
  8. Texas has better defense
  9. Washington was sub 500 last year
  10. Rangers just signed Yu Darvish to add to an already good rotation.
  11. Playing in the AL where there is a DH for later in your career
  12. Rangers are already one of the best offensive teams in baseball.

I'm sure I can keep going. :D

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Pitching staff appears to be done. It already looks pretty crowded with Lewis, Holland, Ogando, Harrison, Feliz and now Yu. I think Harrison's spot will be safe because they need at least 2 lefties in there.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4385505 said:
That's a hell of a deal. Even if he meets all of his incentives, it'll only be a 6 year $70 million deal.

That leaves room for Prince, IMO.
Is it not basically 110 years because of the bidding money? You have to forgive me on this. I'm very ignorant on how these contracts go.