Zach Brown released

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Talk about eating crow. The guy put out bulletin board material before their game against the Vikes and Cousins torched them. You would think players would learn to shut their mouths.

Days before the game:
When asked about Cousins on Friday, in advance of the Eagles' game at the Minnesota Vikings, Brown said: "I think every defense is going to want that guy to throw the ball. For me, that's probably the weakest part of their offense is him. Everything else is good. They've got a good running game, probably one of the best in the league. They have real good receivers. You just want them to pass the ball. You want Kirk Cousins to get it in his hands."

After the game:
Cousins threw four touchdown passes against the Eagles in a 38-20 Vikings win.
After the game, Brown was asked to comment on Cousins.
"I'm here to talk about the game. Not about that," he said.
Pressed further, he said: "Any other questions besides about Kirk Cousins?" before finally relenting and saying: "He did a good job. He played good. Hats off to him."

And today they release him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27847099/eagles-release-veteran-linebacker-zach-brown

C42

Reaction score
He didn't fit the scheme as we need our LBs to cover a lot and this guy doesn't do that. Supposed to be a tackling machine, a thumper.

But, I am surprised we cut him. He wasn't THAT bad imo. Maybe he wasn't a culture fit?

John813

Reaction score
Guess they were afraid he would callout Dak Prescott next.

Reactions: C42

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
They wouldn't cut a talented player because he gave their next opponent bulletin board material. That might be a convenient excuse, but I'd say it's more cost-saving and a way to clear space for a young seemingly talented linebacker that they like a lot by the name of TJ Edwards. It could also be he was missing assignments, and not paying attention to the coaches.

C42

Reaction score
They wouldn't cut a talented player because he gave their next opponent bulletin board material. That might be a convenient excuse, but I'd say it's more cost-saving and a way to clear space for a young seemingly talented linebacker that they like a lot by the name of TJ Edwards. It could also be he was missing assignments, and not paying attention to the coaches.
Idk if it was for Edwards but yeah it had to be something, because we aren’t really that deep at LB to be able to cut a talented player for nothing. I think either he didn’t fit the scheme or wasn’t a locker room fit.