Zach Ertz: Jimmy Graham wouldn't see field for Eagles

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Eagles are a run heavy team relative to the NFL and the Saints are not. I'm sure the Eagles coaching staff could figure out a way accomodate Graham on the field nevertheless.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Dosnt make sense, all though he is a tight end, he would still be better then all the receivers on the Eagles. He would get playing time, regardless.

brymatt94

Reaction score
Well I definitely agree that Graham is one-dimensional. I think he is pretty overrated because of that, as far as tight-ends go. I hate agreeing with any Eagle, but I think that's what Ertz's point was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's sort of being misquoted. He's saying in their system Jimmy wouldn't get PT because he's a pass catching tight end rather than a blocker. I mean its still a load of garbage. Chip would find a way to get Jimmy on the field. IF its as a receiver than so be it. But he's on that field and he'd be their best weapon on offense.

Ertz was more so being the hype machine Brent Celek than he was trying to take shots at Graham.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I definitely agree that Graham is one-dimensional. I think he is pretty overrated because of that, as far as tight-ends go. I hate agreeing with any Eagle, but I think that's what Ertz's point was.

How is Graham overrated? The guy is a MONSTER as a pass catcher.

brymatt94

Reaction score
How is Graham overrated? The guy is a MONSTER as a pass catcher.

I'm saying if you want to judge him as a tight-end, he is not as good as some people want to make him out to be. You're right, he is an amazing pass catcher but if you evaluate him as a tight-end, he is overrated. Any team would love to have him as a playmaker, but if I am drafting my starting TE, I'm not going to draft Graham.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm saying if you want to judge him as a tight-end, he is not as good as some people want to make him out to be. You're right, he is an amazing pass catcher but if you evaluate him as a tight-end, he is overrated. Any team would love to have him as a playmaker, but if I am drafting my starting TE, I'm not going to draft Graham.

But who overrates him? He himself even considers himself a wide receiver when he was trying to get paid this offseason lol. I don't think anyone considers him a elite blocker but the guy is special. I can't call that overrated. If i'm drafting. He's still the top guy I look at. If not top 1 he's #2.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But who overrates him? He himself even considers himself a wide receiver when he was trying to get paid this offseason lol. I don't think anyone considers him a elite blocker but the guy is special. I can't call that overrated. If i'm drafting. He's still the top guy I look at. If not top 1 he's #2.

He is a below average WR, that is why he is TE. He takes advantage of LBs and Ss instead of CBs.

If he was on the Eagles he would still dominate as a TE because they would likely use a 12 personnel package like the Pats. You don't take that mismatch off the field because of his blocking, you scheme around it.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'm sure Ertz believes that Grok is a sub par blocker also.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but Escobar would be playing 2nd string in Philly. :)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
More than anything else, Ertz's statement simply puts himself in a bad light far moreso than hurting Graham.
It always reflects badly upon one with a big mouth to criticize someone who's been more touted than he has.
A discerning public isn't so blind that they can't manage to recognize jealousy when they see it. Bad decision.

Fredd

Reaction score
the irony is that if Graham were on the eagles, ertz doesn't get drafted by them...and/or he and Celek are gone in favor of Graham if they brought him on board...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wasn't Chip Kelly quoted as saying he didn't have a system and just took advantage of his players skills and talents or something to that effect?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score