Twitter: Zach Martin lone Dallas representative in Pro Bowl voting

texbumthelife

Reaction score
More than half the LTs in the league block for cruddy QBs.

Should Tyron's performance ONLY be evaluated when blocking for Tony Romo?

I agree with you that Tyron is one of the top 2 LTs in the NFL...

Having said, Tyron Smith is not above reproach. If keeps up this pace and allows 10 sacks then absolutely deserves criticism.

He absolutely deserves criticism. He isn't perfect. You just said yourself he is a top 2 LT. Therefor you made my argument for me.

RunDMC

Reaction score
More than half the LTs in the league block for cruddy QBs.

Should Tyron's performance ONLY be evaluated when blocking for Tony Romo?

I agree with you that Tyron is one of the top 2 LTs in the NFL...

Having said, Tyron Smith is not above reproach. If keeps up this pace and allows 10 sacks then absolutely deserves criticism.

There is cruddy quarterbacks and there is Brandon Weeden.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Give me a break, the guy was blocking for Brandon Weeden half the season. He started slow and has had his moments, but he is the best tackle in the game and one of the only who never gets help from a RB or a TE.

I wonder if a couple of those he's been charged with are even on him. I remember at least a couple where he had the DE pushed up field and Weeden just backed out of a clean pocket giving the DE a line to sack him. Add in how dominant hes been in the running game and yes, it is a joke.

I know a lot of people don't buy into pro football focus for their grades, but Smith is their #1 OT, Martin the #2 OG and Frederick the #4 OC.

Gameover

Reaction score
Remember when some people thought this image made sense?

BzDDHOjIUAAYeN8.jpg

How many W's has the immortal 1 lead us too?

csirl

Reaction score
Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl anymore. Its on life support and the revamp has made it worse.

Given our teams injury jinx this season, the last thing we need is our star players risking injury by playing in a meaningless game.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl anymore. Its on life support and the revamp has made it worse.

Given our teams injury jinx this season, the last thing we need is our star players risking injury by playing in a meaningless game.

Yeah. It's a shadow of what it used to be and it wasn't all that great back in the day either.

I think they should go back to playing it after the Super Bowl in Hawaii with the NFC vs AFC game. I think the game should be less of the focus though and there should be more things like the skill competitions they used to have. Those were always better than the game.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

Bring back the completion things the use to do.......I'd watch that but done with the PB

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I wonder if a couple of those he's been charged with are even on him. I remember at least a couple where he had the DE pushed up field and Weeden just backed out of a clean pocket giving the DE a line to sack him. Add in how dominant hes been in the running game and yes, it is a joke.

I know a lot of people don't buy into pro football focus for their grades, but Smith is their #1 OT, Martin the #2 OG and Frederick the #4 OC.

He has been beat straight up 3 times, off the top of my head.

For someone to say there is no difference between blocking for someone like Rodgers, who is very mobile and willing to run, and someone like Weeden, just shows ignorance.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Red for coach of the NFC? what the &(&#%(&( %&(
That isn't up to a vote. Just guessing but you probably knew that already and just wanted to crack JG.

Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl anymore.
Yeah. It's a shadow of what it used to be and it wasn't all that great back in the day either. I think they should go back to playing it after the Super Bowl in Hawaii with the NFC vs AFC game.
Couldn't agree more guys. Moving it to before the Super Bowl made it even less relevant for the fans. Moving it from Hawaii made it less relevant to the players. The only purpose that game serves is kicking in contract bonuses for players who get named.

Pandora

Reaction score
Here are the rest of the Cowboys with their rank in their position group.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Here are the rest of the Cowboys with their rank in their position group.

Interesting that Collins is already eighth. It'll be kind of sad if we have four Pro Bowl linemen and nothing to show for it. Hope we don't waste their careers like we did with Ware and have been with Romo and Witten.