Twitter: Zach Martin lone Dallas representative in Pro Bowl voting

RunDMC

Reaction score
Have not seen him play in the last six games.

Might be the first time a phantom deserves a Pro Bowl vote.

You are on drugs. Seek help.

He deserves it because he's clearly the most valuable player in the league. How does the MVP not get on the ballot? That's the least he should get for having the award stolen from him last season.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Martin is first in the voting for guards, Frederick is fourth among all centers, Tyron Smith is fifth among all tackles, Bailey is fifth among all kickers, Witten is seventh among all tight ends, and Lee is eighth among all inside linebackers.

Remember, voting is for the entire NFL now -- it's not separated into AFC and NFC.

Also remember that the fan voting plays almost no role when it comes to deciding who goes to the Pro Bowl. It's almost entirely decided by the coaches and players.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Vollmer has been a turn-stall, when he's played and hasn't Bulaga missed a bunch of time too? Tyron being left off is an absolute joke.

Tyrone isn't have a pro-bowl year this year.

Through 8 games Tyron has been called for 4 penalties and allowed 4-5 sacks (depend on the source).

He is still a fabulous LT but he isn't playing to the level he did last season.

Clearly not having Houdini playing QB makes it harder, but isn't that the 'norm' for most NFL LTs?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Tyrone isn't have a pro-bowl year this year.

He has been called for 4 penalties and allowed 4-5 sacks (depend on the source).

He is still a fabulous LT but he isn't playing to the level he did last season.

Give me a break, the guy was blocking for Brandon Weeden half the season. He started slow and has had his moments, but he is the best tackle in the game and one of the only who never gets help from a RB or a TE.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would hope our final takeaway from this season is how many or what Cowboys make the Pro Bowl.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Give me a break, the guy was blocking for Brandon Weeden half the season. He started slow and has had his moments, but he is the best tackle in the game and one of the only who never gets help from a RB or a TE.

More than half the LTs in the league block for cruddy QBs.

Should Tyron's performance ONLY be evaluated when blocking for Tony Romo?

I agree with you that Tyron is one of the top 2 LTs in the NFL...

Having said, Tyron Smith is not above reproach. If keeps up this pace and allows 10 sacks then absolutely deserves criticism.

cds99

Reaction score
I wish we would had took a chance on honey badger in the draft. He turned out quite nice it seems

perrykemp

Reaction score
No dan bailey? Guess a perfect season isn't enough

It's not like Bailey can do anything more than he has been asked to do.

Having said that, it's not a complete shock he isn't on the list.

There are 5 kickers in the NFL who are hitting 100% of their kicks. Once again Stephen Gostkowski leads the way hitting 19 out of 19 FGs.

Bailey isn't far behind with 16 out of 16.

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
To the victors go the spoils. A 2-6 team shouldn't have many Pro Bowl performances and Martin should also be grateful for his spot (if he cared).

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
It might be a good thing , we don't need pro bowl votes , better to have playoff victories and SB , remember those years of 13-3 and 12-4 with a bunch of pro bowlers , nothing came of it to show for .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have you not watched the last six games?

Best quarterback in the league.

You dont vote in a guy who has been hurt all year and leave a guy like Derek Carr who is playing lights out and helping turn a round a franchise out

Its things like that that have turned the pro bowl into a disgrace

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If by some miracle he comes back and drags us kicking and screaming to the playoffs, that dude sure as hell BETTER win MVP.

It would be an interesting case for an MVP, that's for sure. But I don't know if you can win it and play only 9 games. I know Montana won it playing 12 games once... but 9? Probably not.
Not that it likely matters... if New England goes 14-2 or better then they are shipping the trophy straight to Brady.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
brady will win the mvp that has already been decicded. I don't see a lot of pro bowl worthy players on the cowboys roster this year so far.