zach piller

BLT

Reaction score
just saw on espn he got released from the titans.. all i know if hes a guard.. is he any good? could he replace rivera?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Titans release injured G Zach Piller after 8 seasons

February 19. 2007 4:07PM
Font Size:

subscribe to us
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -The Tennessee Titans released veteran left guard Zach Piller on Monday, five months after he had a season-ending ankle injury.

Piller was placed on injured reserve in October for the second time in three seasons after he hurt his ankle Sept. 24 at Miami. He tore his left biceps in the 2004 season opener.

A third-round draft pick out of Florida in 1999, he played in 87 games with 58 starts. Jacob Bell moved from right tackle to replace Piller.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Zach Piller #69
Zach Piller
Position: G
Years Pro: 7
Draft Date: 1999
Draft Team: Tennessee Titans
Born: 05/02/1976
Hometown: Tallahassee, FL
College: Florida
Tennessee Titans

Pro Career

2005: Returned from injury to start all 16 games at left guard. Helped pave way for offense that ranked ninth in NFL in passing. Blocked for running backs Chris Brown and Travis Henry, who combined for 1,186 rushing yards.

2004: Played only in season opener at Miami (9/11). In second half, injured left biceps, which caused him to be inactive for next three weeks (9/19 against Indianapolis, 9/26 against Jacksonville and 10/3 at San Diego). He underwent surgery September 13 and was placed on injured reserve October 7.

2003: Started all 16 games for Titans for first time in career as left guard. Helped Steve McNair lead the league in passing (100.4 rating) and paved way as Eddie George recorded his seventh 1,000-yard season (1,031). Member of offensive line that tied for third in conference (sixth in NFL) with just 25 sacks allowed, while Titans offense ranked fourth in AFC (eighth in NFL) in total yards.

2002: started first 13 games of season for Titans before suffering strained left calf against Indianapolis (12/8), which forced him to miss final three games of season. Was declared inactive for those three games before he returned to start in postseason. Helped team finish second in league in sacks allowed with 21, the second-lowest sack total in franchise history over a 16-game season. Paved the way for rushing attack to gain 1,952 yards, including a team-high 1,165 yards from RB Eddie George.

2001: Gained first starts of NFL career, setting personal-high with nine starts at left guard and helped contribute to Titans offense that ranked eighth overall in NFL, its highest ranking since 1993. Spent first two games of season on special teams unit, primarily on extra point attempts. Inserted into starting lineup for first time of his career at Baltimore (10/7) at left guard in loss to Ravens.

2000: Saw action in 16 games as reserve and on Titans special teams and demonstrated to coaching staff that o-line maintains its consistency when inserted into lineup.

1999: Played in eight games and was declared inactive for seven games for Titans. Was used primarily on special teams and as reserve lineman. Saw first NFL action in season opener against Cincinnati (9/12) on special teams. Declared inactive for all four playoff games.

College Career

All-SEC selection at left tackle as senior...began college career as defensive lineman at Georgia Tech. ...sat out 1995 season under NCAA transfer rules. As a freshman played in all 11 contests for Georgia Tech, starting six at nose guard and one at DT (Duke)...recorded 37 tackles and one forced fumble...majored in sports management.

Personal Bio

Piller spent much of the 2004 offseason starting a production company with a friend called Madkow Entertainment, whose first project is a documentary called "QB Needs Job" (www.qbneedsjob.com)...He plans to enter the film into independent film festivals by the fall of 2004 and is already preparing for the company’s second film, "The Motivation"...Piller is an avid theme park fan. Every year, the Tallahassee-native returns to the Sunshine State to visit Disney World and Universal Studios to relax and get his mind off of football... Married to Dana (4/1/03), the couple resides in Nashville throughout the year with their daughter, Zoe Rylee (1/26/03)...Earned Super Prep All-America, All-State, and earned spots on Blue Chip Illustrated's All-Region and Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Super Southern 100 squads as offensive lineman at Lincoln High during senior year in Tallahassee, Florida...Added 34 tackles (10 for loss) and three sacks in defensive line duty as Trojans' senior captain. Selected to play in Georgia-Florida All-Star Game. Also lettered three years in basketball...Participant in Titans Charity Golf Classic and Titans Caravan and has made various area hospital visits...Hosts Gators For Kids in Gainesville, Fla., a two-day fundraising golf event celebrating Florida’s 1996 National Championship team that benefits Boys and Girls Club of Alachua County and Newspapers in Education in Alachua County...Born Zachary Paul Piller, May 2, 1976 in St. Petersburg, Fla.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I saw he was released. Seems to be injury prone though.

BLT

Reaction score
were not getting steinbech... if anything i bet we get leanord davis.. steinbech will cost way too much.. how good is piller is he better than rivera?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Can he be claimed on waivers? Or is he now a FA? I would claim him if I were the Cowboys.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Piller's stats. Seems to commit quite a few penalties, but doesn't give up many sacks. Titans fans didn't seem too upset when he's released, but I think that's more because of his injuries than his play.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I checked out a Titans Board and you're right, it seems to be about his injuries and the Fact that Jacob Bell played well in his place.