Zach Thomas to retire

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well if this is truly the end then it was a heck of a great career for Thomas. I wish Dallas could have gotten hold of him 5 or 10 years earlier but I was proud for him to be a Cowboy for a season.

He's a truly classy player and there are plenty of guys out there who could learn a thing or two about how to conduct yourself as a professional athlete by taking a long look at how Thomas conducted himself.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2915113 said:
Rosenhaus says Zach Thomas isn't retiring
Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2009 8:08 PM ET

In response to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that veteran linebacker Zach Thomas will retire this week, agent Drew Rosenhaus says that Thomas will not be retiring.

Says Rosenhaus, via Twitter: "Zach Thomas is not retiring. He is progressing from his injury & he fully expects to have a great season with the Chiefs in 09."

So what gives? Well, it might just be a matter of semantics. Schefter said that Thomas will retire or reach an injury settlement or be cut.

If Thomas retires, he gets no money. So, quite possibly, he might be digging in his heels in the hopes of a parting gift from the Chiefs.

Per NFLPA records, Thomas is due to receive a base salary of $1 million in 2009.

Thanks, WG. It looks like we'll be seeing him play this year after all.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;2914835 said:
I hope he goes into coaching and we hire him. I so respect that guy.

I could be way off, but I got the feeling he didnt really enjoy his time here, and did not like the way the organization was run.

I will be surprised if he came back.

If he wants to come here by all means I'd love to have him, but I like what we have at LB coaches.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2915113 said:
Rosenhaus says Zach Thomas isn't retiring
Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2009 8:08 PM ET

In response to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that veteran linebacker Zach Thomas will retire this week, agent Drew Rosenhaus says that Thomas will not be retiring.

Says Rosenhaus, via Twitter: "Zach Thomas is not retiring. He is progressing from his injury & he fully expects to have a great season with the Chiefs in 09."

So what gives? Well, it might just be a matter of semantics. Schefter said that Thomas will retire or reach an injury settlement or be cut.

If Thomas retires, he gets no money. So, quite possibly, he might be digging in his heels in the hopes of a parting gift from the Chiefs.

Per NFLPA records, Thomas is due to receive a base salary of $1 million in 2009.

That's a hard choice to pick between which one to believe is right... Funny thing is the Chiefs have not said anything one way or another, and hate to say it but Adam normally is pretty accurate on things like this... could it be that the Chiefs plan on cutting him and telling him they think it's best to retire or they think he may retire if he's cut??? Sorry I wouldn't trust Drew to tell the truth for anything in the world...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I care more about our compensatory picks. This just screwed it up. Sorry, I don't have loyalty to players...it is a business after all...the business of winning.

:bang2:

arglebargle

Reaction score
jksmith269;2915421 said:
That's a hard choice to pick between which one to believe is right... Funny thing is the Chiefs have not said anything one way or another, and hate to say it but Adam normally is pretty accurate on things like this... could it be that the Chiefs plan on cutting him and telling him they think it's best to retire or they think he may retire if he's cut??? Sorry I wouldn't trust Drew to tell the truth for anything in the world...

However, I remember Parcells talking about Drew, saying something to the effect that he had never lied to Parcells through all their dealings. Of course, the PR side of the media may not get that benefit.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2915415 said:
I could be way off, but I got the feeling he didnt really enjoy his time here, and did not like the way the organization was run.

I will be surprised if he came back.

If he wants to come here by all means I'd love to have him, but I like what we have at LB coaches.

Dat Nguyen is a hell of a guy to have as a LB Coach.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So with Zach getting cut that means no comp pick right? And if he's picked up after week one does that change or are we definately screwed.