Zach Wilson goes down knee

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tough break for the Jets . You have 17 weeks coming up does your # 1 have to play pre season one ? He went down non contact scrambling against the Eagles . Mike White came in as replacement .

Keep Dak and a bunch of starters on the bench this weekend . It’s a marathon coming .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Could see them working out a deal for Jimmy g or even the return of darnold?

I think the Darnold bridge burned . How about Baker Mayfield in the big Apple . Offer Carolina a 3. Wilson might be gone awhile . Of course Matt Rhule not trading Mayfield . It’s win this yr or go back to the college game Matt

Flamma

Reaction score
I wonder if they have enough confidence in Mike White to allow him to remain the starter?

Last year he was good and bad. White lit Cincinnati up for over 400 yards. Two weeks later he threw 4 picks against the Bills and had to be pulled. I'm not sure Zach Wilson has had any good games. This is a bad time for him to endure any serious injury.

Flamma

Reaction score
Tough break for the Jets . You have 17 weeks coming up does your # 1 have to play pre season one ? He went down non contact scrambling against the Eagles . Mike White came in as replacement .

Keep Dak and a bunch of starters on the bench this weekend . It’s a marathon coming .

It depends on how much use. Wilson is young, a series or two should be ok. Injuries can happen at any time.

Sometimes I think a lot of these early season injuries are because players aren't ready for game speed. The go from coddled to full speed. That's how you get hurt. Think of a pitcher that comes into a game without warming up.

chicago JK

Reaction score
That sucks. This is a big year for him and the franchise. Even if he is out for a few weeks it will make him lose valuable reps. By the end of the year the Jets could have their franchise an or they may very well be looking for their next an in the draft.

obvious a very small sample in a meaningless preseason game, but Jordan Davis is going to be a problem.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Think the Eagles had a good draft plus they picked up a reliable receiver to help Hurts along with Adams . Cowboys Eagles again battle for this division . I hope Tyler B has competition at center and Tyler Smith is the guard Dallas is hoping for .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Wilson best case scenario MRI “ meniscus tear “ probably out 4 weeks . A panic trade giving up high pick for Garrapolo makes no sense to a team not contending for a SB . Get by until Wilson returns.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

They also lost their LT. Poor Jets

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

That sucks. Hope it’s not too serious.

RonWashington

Reaction score
That sucks. Hope it’s not too serious.

I just read Mekhi Becton out for the year. Yikes . That squads unraveling . They were questioning the Becton pick after last season now this . Another 5 win year and Joe Douglas Robert Saleh on thin ice .

Speaking of Tackles , # 77 T . Smith nursing scrimmage wounds probably should see no pre season action . Josh Ball prob starting at LT tonight I would think ?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I just read Mekhi Becton out for the year. Yikes . That squads unraveling . They were questioning the Becton pick after last season now this . Another 5 win year and Joe Douglas Robert Saleh on thin ice .

Speaking of Tackles , # 77 T . Smith nursing scrimmage wounds probably should see no pre season action . Josh Ball prob starting at LT tonight I would think ?
#77 surely doesn’t see any preseason action. Minor ankle injury is just so that he can rest and be ready for opening day.

jnday

Reaction score
It depends on how much use. Wilson is young, a series or two should be ok. Injuries can happen at any time.

Sometimes I think a lot of these early season injuries are because players aren't ready for game speed. The go from coddled to full speed. That's how you get hurt. Think of a pitcher that comes into a game without warming up.
You are right. It’s the same results that comes from having half-speed, limited contact practices and then playing games.