Zach Wilson - Jets found gold!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Did the Jags choose the wrong guy? We haven't heard much about Lawrence but I read he's struggling a bit and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, If I'm Meyers, I'd consider sitting him the entire year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think he has a higher upside than Lawrence. Doesnt necessarily mean he was better prospect mind you. However, in alot of drafts he is a legit #1 overall IMO.
Jets got really lucky

Lucky? Oh I'd agree, because their previous picks mostly sucked...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
This kid will be special. Wish he was a Giant :(

2 TD's today and he looked like a damn pro. Wow.
It's one preseason game. Remember how thrilled Commanders fans were when they had their QB for the next decade in RG3? Yeah don't buy in so easily.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll have to use the wait and see approach. But none of the top prospects look too bad so far. I haven't seen anything from Mack Jones however.

Fields and Lance have the best head start so far in that they are not on terrible teams. And if Lawrence isn't careful, he's going to follow Joe Burrow's path. He's trying to do too much on a team that's not winning 5 games.

I wouldn't call the Jets lucky if Wilson turns out to be good. Their team is slowly improving and they haven't had a good QB since that guy in the early 80s, I forget his name. Bums and has beens since the early 80s. That's not luck, that's the law of averages finally showing up.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ken O'Brien?

That's the man! The Jets have had garbage since him. Other than Favre and Boomer. But they were somewhat past their prime and the Jets sucked at the time. Right now it's good timing for this QB if he's any good.

RaZon

Reaction score
Key word.....potential....let's see what happens.

RaZon

Reaction score
I'm hoping they all do well. I don't want to see a league with a bunch of bum QBs. Unless they're playing Dallas, then they can suck to high heaven.

When have we ever seen an NFL without plenty of stud QB's? And these guys coming in lately have bigger arms and some mobility.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Shunpike Supposedly the Jets hit the jackpot with OL Bechton or something last year. That same dude is stinking it up this year.

We’ll see though. I still have the Jets with the top pick in the next draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
When have we ever seen an NFL without plenty of stud QB's? And these guys coming in lately have bigger arms and some mobility.

You still gotta be good. Tebow and Manzeil also had mobility.

But you're right. The thing is, rarely do I remember all of the first rounders being good in one draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's the man! The Jets have had garbage since him. Other than Favre and Boomer. But they were somewhat past their prime and the Jets sucked at the time. Right now it's good timing for this QB if he's any good.
Paper plate Pennington was very good.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think he has a higher upside than Lawrence. Doesnt necessarily mean he was better prospect mind you. However, in alot of drafts he is a legit #1 overall IMO.
Jets got really lucky
What was lucky about it? Looks to me as if it was purely sucking at the right time.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't know what, but there's something about him that is suspect. I mean, he looks great, but I don't trust any QB that the Jets draft to not have some critical fault that undermines their career.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not sure how Wilson pans out (though I was high on him), but he does have one of the quicker releases I’ve ever seen.