Zack Martin a wild card for 1 st rd ?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Given this teams recent history of late round OL picks, we need to continue to build this OL and to do so, one of the 1st 3 picks needs to be a solid OG candidate.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given this teams recent history of late round OL picks, we need to continue to build this OL and to do so, one of the 1st 3 picks needs to be a solid OG candidate.

Right now with Tyron and Frederick we've got a chance to really build that unit into something dominant with a couple more key additions.

I will bet you it gets ignored instead.

jnday

Reaction score
Right now with Tyron and Frederick we've got a chance to really build that unit into something dominant with a couple more key additions.

I will bet you it gets ignored instead.

It will get ignored. Now is the time to finish the building of the line, but I think Jerry feels like mission accomplished.

bodi

Reaction score
It will get ignored. Now is the time to finish the building of the line, but I think Jerry feels like mission accomplished.

yes IMO also

if he just add a OG in the first three rounds - an add an OT in the la ter rounds

RS12

Reaction score
Zack Martin - T - Fighting Irish
"Most people" project Notre Dame OL Zack Martin as a "Pro Bowl-level guard," according to Reese's Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage.

Savage added that he believes Martin can overcome his less-than-ideal height and arm length to become an NFL left tackle. Martin has taken huge steps this offseason to dispel evaluators' concern with his lack of size. He shot up to debut at No. 17 overall on Mel Kiper's Big Board late last month after a big Senior Bowl week. "Martin is a great competitor, and absorbs power well for a tackle with shorter arms, but he also handles speed pretty effectively due to his quick feet," Kiper wrote at the time. "The arms could make him a likelier bet to land at guard, but the fact that he can play tackle at a pretty high level will get him looks there."

Source: YouTube.com
Feb 4 - 9:28 PM

Verdict

Reaction score
Roos 33-3/4, Bulaga 33-1/4.

The jury is still out on how good Justin Pugh will be and if he can move to LT.

Joe Thomas is 6'6-5/8. Martin is 6'4. The concern is more about total wingspan (shoulder width + arm length) than just arm length. Martin's wingspan is smaller than some CBs. I'm not saying that he can't do it, but you're betting against the averages to assume that he can. Like I said, it's not too big of an issue because he can always move to Guard; however, you have to determine if he can carry much more than his current 305 on his frame before making him a 1st round pick, IMO.

I think when all is said and done Pugh might end up being called a bust.