Signed by Cowboys Zack Martin officially signed his seven-year, $93.41 million contract on Thursday

rynochop

Reaction score
A lot of money for an o guard.. do you need the best guard in the league? Or would 75% of that be fine at a quarter of the salary

aikemirv

Reaction score
A lot of money for an o guard.. do you need the best guard in the league? Or would 75% of that be fine at a quarter of the salary

You are never getting a 75% player at 1/4 of the salary. Do you realize how backwards that is or did you just type it without thinking? So you think you are getting a top quality guard for 6 years at 21 million?

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are never getting a 75% player at 1/4 of the salary. Do you realize how backwards that is or did you just type it without thinking? So you think you are getting a top quality guard for 6 years at 21 million?
Exactly. That post was not thought out, obviously.

Zach Martin is a 1st team all pro player.

75% of that would be at least a replacement pro bowl player type.

There is no way you can get a replacement pro bowl player type for only 1/4 Zach’s salary.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Exactly. That post was not thought out, obviously.

There is no way you can get a replacement pro bowl player type for only 1/4 Zach’s salary.
Exactly.........Why settle?

We still have 15m in cap space AFTER he signed

CPanther95

Reaction score

Unless you draft one. Probably take a 2nd rounder, but it would be far less than 1/4 of the salary.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Not sure why people are upset with this signing. The Cap is going up every year, we will have a ton of cap $$$ next off season (somewhere around $70 million) and we have to spend at least 90% of the cap every season (CBA rule). We kept our oline in tact and we drafted a stud to help improve it. I love the signing!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good gawd -- seven years at 93.41 million smackeroos. I'll bet he can't stop smiling lately. I'm pretty sure I would. Must be nice! :)

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
kj5t7kneuflxxa5xzqvh.jpg

I like how the stock ticker has green arrows in the background.