News: Zack Martin wins NFL Way to Play Award

MarcusRock

Reaction score
"A distinguished panel of NFL Legends selects the player who positively impacted the game through proper technique (i.e., tackling, blocking, footwork, discipline, vision)."

I think it's hilarious how they mention footwork and Martin got flagged for a tripping penalty. It was excellent footwork though. Lol.
Doesn't take much to amuse me I guess.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
"A distinguished panel of NFL Legends selects the player who positively impacted the game through proper technique (i.e., tackling, blocking, footwork, discipline, vision)."

I think it's hilarious how they mention footwork and Martin got flagged for a tripping penalty. It was excellent footwork though. Lol.
Doesn't take much to amuse me I guess.
That was a ticky tack penalty

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be interesting if they started using this award to throw shade at the referees. Giving it each week to someone who had a penalty called on them despite doing exactly what they were supposed to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a ticky tack penalty

After seeing the replay I thought he "probably" did try to trip the guy, but it was so small a movement that it was almost imperceptible, and even left room for doubt that there was intent at all. It's hard to imagine how the ref even saw it.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
After seeing the replay I thought he "probably" did try to trip the guy, but it was so small a movement that it was almost imperceptible, and even left room for doubt that there was intent at all. It's hard to imagine how the ref even saw it.
If an OL falls down he's supposed to go into the fetal position

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith won this last year I believe... interestingly also against the Giants. He had a form tackle on Eli which he got praised for.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m sorry folks but that tripping call was a lazy play by him. I was shocked as it looked like something a lesser player would have done.