Zack Martin, Xavier Su'a-Filo return to practice major news for Cowboys

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying all 51 sacks are on Dak. But a lot of them are. And some that even appear to be the OL fault, the quick pressures, are on the QB, hard to tell which so it's always put on the OL. But when you look at the D and you see Fletcher Cox over the rookie, you have to know that is a bad match up, so you have to change the protection and or change the play to a hot route. Most of the time, he just sits back there like he will have all day and it puts the OL at a huge disadvantage. He is playing like it's 2016 when everyone else realizes that the OL is not that OL from 2016. That's on Dak. He has to be more aware.

and I have put some of that on Dak and frankly there have been times as pressure closes in that I want to see Dak protect the ball better and take the sack as opposed to trying to make something out of nothing and having the ball knocked out. I just see Dak being the whipping boy for any and all issues. While you may not be claiming all 51 are on Dak when people pull these idiotic % of his fault at 80% I just have to laugh at the ignorance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I noticed the good news about our guys returning to "active duty" yesterday and was very encouraged.
Let's hope their health continues throughout the remainder of this season and into the playoffs.:thumbup:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys seem to have averted major disaster along the offensive line. This past Sunday, right guard Zack Martin missed his first career game, after suffering another knee injury during the prior week’s win over Philadelphia.

Then, during the second quarter against the Colts, left guard Xavier Su’a-Filo was knocked out after getting poked in the eye so severely, he had to be taken to the hospital. With center Travis Frederick out all season, left tackle Tyron Smith sporting an elbow brace, rookie Connor Williams struggling and journeyman Adam Redmond now getting snaps, the offensive line was in shambles.

It certainly impacted last week’s game and threatened to impact the team’s quest to lock up a playoff berth on their own volition. But things got remarkably better on Thursday, when both Martin and Su’a-Filo returned to the first unit in practice.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...VCKocbPJJfrXpNqVlXXosoisytyAqKRJZLGV0SagV3Dn0

Bump.

I had to Google to find this. But this is great news...My main worry with the oline is I want Su'a-Filo to play LG and Connor Williams to play RG.

Anyone think the Cowboys cut La'el Collins?

Thomas82

Reaction score
Having both of them back would be a big boost for the O-line today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
[

Dak has some sacks that are on him but you don't go from 25 his rookie season to 51 in year 3 because it is all on him. You have 3 All pros 1 out for the season, 2 playing hurt and not to the level they have in the past and fact is Dak numbers passing yards is on pace to surpass his rookie season and Dallas is on the edge of winning the East 2 out of the last 3 years. Oline is an issue you don't just replace all pros and expect not to have issues
True to the word Dooms,, my bigger issue is on the other side of the ball, a relatively healthy DL with zero excuses laying an egg.
The DL gets a pass I guess , but if as a fan base we actually want another Lombardi and not just a playoff appearance, they need to shake that Indy performance.
Time for Tank and all the crew to ball out at this point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually you do. Dak hasn't changed much, he hasn't gotten better. The OL used to give him 3-7 seconds but now they are not elite. They are good in terms of protection but not as good as they used to be. Most QB worth a darn can play behind our OL but not noodle brain Dak he's holding the ball way too long at 2.8 seconds and is only averaging less than 10 air yards. That tells us he can't decide where to go with the ball. Outside of redmon who was terrible the OL is not an issue unless they have to be perfect for your QB to do anything of value. Poor Dak he can only hold the ball for 3 seconds behind 2 pro bowlers...where most QB's don't have that luxury.
Ask the great Aaron Rodgers how he and his Offense has played this year behind their better-than-ours-this-year Oline?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So they have to block for 3 seconds? Most qb's release the ball within 2.7 seconds, anything after that is on the QB. You can only block so long before you are holding....guess why we keep getting flagged. Great QB's work on releasing the ball even faster, Brady was closer to 2.5 and yes it makes a huge difference.
Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and a few more top QBs this have released the ball within 2.7 seconds............by mostly dinking & dunking.

Dak should audible out of Garrett/Linehan's vertical passing plays and just start dinking & dunking as well. :thumbup:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and a few more top QBs this have released the ball within 2.7 seconds............by mostly dinking & dunking.

Dak should audible out of Garrett/Linehan's vertical passing plays and just start dinking & dunking as well. :thumbup:

He bypasses the verticle for the dink.