Zack Snyder Justice League 2021

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hard to believe but they are basically erasing the Justice League movie that Joss Whedon finishes for Zack.

Now, Zack gets to release HIS version.

I like MAN OF STEEL and Batman v Superman

the bell has been rung and it can’t be unrung.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how I feel about it. I saw Justice League. Not saying Snyder's version is better but I am willing to check out what may be worse in my eyes.

For what it is worth, I enjoyed Man of Steel a lot but Batman v Superman could have been much better. It still boggles my mind some that a Doomsday movie plot was not adapted better than it was. Personally, I do not give Batman v Superman as much grief as I could solely because of the introduction of Wonder Woman, which was the highlight of the movie for me.

cowboyec

Reaction score
loved man of steel.
loved batman v superman...although lex luthor acted more like joker than lex luthor.
anyway...this sounds like really good news based on how good the other 2 movies were.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
loved man of steel.
loved batman v superman...although lex luthor acted more like joker than lex luthor.
anyway...this sounds like really good news based on how good the other 2 movies were.
:huh: Honestly, I am curious how Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor was like Nicholson's, Ledger's, Rivers' or even Leto's Joker?

cowboyec

Reaction score
:huh: Honestly, I am curious how Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor was like Nicholson's, Ledger's, Rivers' or even Leto's Joker?
i dont remember anything about lex luthor in the comics...or the christopher reeves movies being so over the top.
he was very smart....narcistic...psychotic....but was very much under control emotionally.
eisenberg didnt play him like that....he was at times out of control....and he was always....in almost every scene...laughing.
it reminded me of the joker.
he played luthor like it was the joker...not lex luthor....all he lacked was white make-up,green hair and a purple suit...especially toward the end.

cowboyec

Reaction score
bryan cranston would have been a better lex luthor than eisenberg.
eisenberg would have made a good joker...or mad hatter....or riddler.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about it. I saw Justice League. Not saying Snyder's version is better but I am willing to check out what may be worse in my eyes.

For what it is worth, I enjoyed Man of Steel a lot but Batman v Superman could have been much better. It still boggles my mind some that a Doomsday movie plot was not adapted better than it was. Personally, I do not give Batman v Superman as much grief as I could solely because of the introduction of Wonder Woman, which was the highlight of the movie for me.

for me too. WW on big screen.

then seeing ball 3 in action. Childhood dream = superfriends.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I may bench you for "superfriends".

That cartoon was an affront to me as a comic book fan.
no cartoon will ever beat batman:the animated series.
hands down.
until christian bale....the animated series batman was the best on screen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no cartoon will ever beat batman:the animated series.
hands down.
until christian bale....the animated series batman was the best on screen.
Your opinion. My opinion (for comic book adaptation) is Justice League & Justice League Unlimited were better than Batman: The Animated Series.

I can make an argument Young Justice is anime and not a cartoon. Otherwise, I would say YJ blows EVERY comic book television series completely out of the water.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your opinion. My opinion (for comic book adaptation) is Justice League & Justice League Unlimited were better than Batman: The Animated Series.

I can make an argument Young Justice is anime and not a cartoon. Otherwise, I would say YJ blows EVERY comic book television series completely out of the water.
The original Spiderman, followed by X-Men were my favorites.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see...

Robotic conversations
The Wonder Twins (I could fry them in oil) and the kids before them
Every situation was too cheerful for even children (unrealistic).
Batman and Robin were basic knockoffs of that goofy live action 60's television series

I could go on. The series improved a bit with the introduction of the League of Doom storyline but not by much. It was a product of its time. Shallow. And insulting to kids who actually read the books.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The original Spiderman, followed by X-Men were my favorites.
X-Men was the first true comic book cartoon adaptation. It could have been done better, especially the artwork, but that show was so refreshingly intelligent. Kids were darn lucky in the 1990's.

cowboyec

Reaction score

to this day...when i re-read my favorite batman graphic novels...batman:year one...long halloween...hush...i hear the voice of Kevin Conroy....and Mark Hamil as the joker.
the animated SuperMan series was also really good.
i remember when clooney's batman movie came out....the animated series released mask of phantasm in theatres.
people were saying it was the better batman movie than kilmer or clooney.
i have all of the batman:animated series on dvd...i cherish them...they were so well done.
especially the writing but the animation....how dark they made it...was so spot on...and honestly set the tone for nolan's dark knight trilogy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
X-Men was the first true comic book cartoon adaptation. It could have been done better, especially the artwork, but that show was so refreshingly intelligent. Kids were darn lucky in the 1990's.
Kids??? I'm watching it now!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Let's see...

Robotic conversations
The Wonder Twins (I could fry them in oil) and the kids before them
Every situation was too cheerful for even children (unrealistic).
Batman and Robin were basic knockoffs of that goofy live action 60's television series

I could go on. The series improved a bit with the introduction of the League of Doom storyline but not by much. It was a product of its time. Shallow. And insulting to kids who actually read the books.

Agreed on wonder twins.

The rest. Kids wanting superhero stuff when things were very limited/

gets a pass from me. I was happy to have it

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
to this day...when i re-read my favorite batman graphic novels...batman:year one...long halloween...hush...i hear the voice of Kevin Conroy....and Mark Hamil as the joker.
the animated SuperMan series was also really good.
i remember when clooney's batman movie came out....the animated series released mask of phantasm in theatres.
people were saying it was the better batman movie than kilmer or clooney.
i have all of the batman:animated series on dvd...i cherish them...they were so well done.
especially the writing but the animation....how dark they made it...was so spot on...and honestly set the tone for nolan's dark knight trilogy.

I’m a big time Batfleck fan. For me. Perfect Bruce Wayne. Great jaded Batman burnout.