Zaven Collins arrested for reckless driving

erod

Reaction score
76 in a 35 should get him thrown in the pokey.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They took him in for speeding??

Probably a bit more to it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Double the speed limit can get you an arrest. And if he was driving like an ******* while doing 76, yeah, getting taken to the pokey isn't all that unusual.
Possibly, but you generally need to be a word I can't use here in order to get rung up by speed patrol.

I have no idea what happened, but I'd wager almost anything he wasnt overly cooperative when pulled over.

Not our guy.....I don't care at all in fact, just saying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a bizarre one.......he's not a Cowboy and he got taken to jail for speeding...shocked it made it to the main forum...

CapnB

Reaction score
Driving in a residential area? maybe a school zone? Thats a bit extreme

Flamma

Reaction score
Double the speed limit can get you an arrest. And if he was driving like an ******* while doing 76, yeah, getting taken to the pokey isn't all that unusual.

You can't get arrested for speeding in most if not all states. However, you can get arrested for reckless driving. And excessive speed can be deemed reckless at the officers discretion. He doesn't have to actually drive recklessly, the speed alone can be deemed reckless.

If I was the cop no way I give him anything more than a ticket for 76 in a 35. He'll get a court date and his license would be suspended. To me that's enough. I can't speak for Arizona, but where I live most of the roads with a 35-40 speed limit can easily handle much higher speeds without being reckless. It's the residential 25 MPH zones that it would be extremely reckless. But hey, some cops don't mind the extra work.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Shouldn't the article have started off like this?

"
Former Dallas Cowboy's draft target and current Arizona Cardinals rookie linebacker Zaven Collins
was arrested Sunday for excessive speed and reckless driving, the Scottsdale (Ariz.) Police Department confirmed to NFL.com."

pete026

Reaction score
In Connecticut:
"Anyone who drives at more than 85 mph regardless of the type of road can be prosecuted for reckless driving rather than for speeding. The same is true for driving at any speed that endangers the life of anyone other than the vehicle operator (Sec. 14-222)."

My guess is other States may have similar laws. In my younger days, I may have had some experience in this particular subject?

A certain Connecticut prosecutor.... 105 in a 55!!!! .... 105 in a 55!!!!!! But this particular offender, who will remain nameless, wasn't handcuffed or placed behind bars. Might have ended up at a bar???

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Shouldn't the article have started off like this?

"
Former Dallas Cowboy's draft target and current Arizona Cardinals rookie linebacker Zaven Collins
was arrested Sunday for excessive speed and reckless driving, the Scottsdale (Ariz.) Police Department confirmed to NFL.com."
Most still believe that to be an urban legend

Flamma

Reaction score
In Connecticut:
"Anyone who drives at more than 85 mph regardless of the type of road can be prosecuted for reckless driving rather than for speeding. The same is true for driving at any speed that endangers the life of anyone other than the vehicle operator (Sec. 14-222)."

My guess is other States may have similar laws. In my younger days, I may have had some experience in this particular subject?

A certain Connecticut prosecutor.... 105 in a 55!!!! .... 105 in a 55!!!!!! But this particular offender, who will remain nameless, wasn't handcuffed or placed behind bars. Might have ended up at a bar???

I don't know how your system works, but here in NJ they have a point system. Get over 12 and you lose your license for awhile. I had 57 points by the age of 24. Most of my speeding tickets were over 85mph. Only once did I have to make a court appearance because I was doing 126. The judge suspended my license for 9 days. Had he not done that it would have been suspended by motor vehicles for 6 months.