Zaven Collins rated higher in the NFL Circles

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah cb depth is good for sure. You have Holland as #3? I don't really want any of those safeties other than Moehrig
Moehrig is probably out of our range, unless we either trade down or up to get him.

RS12

Reaction score
Pauline was just on CBS sports radio. Reiterated the Cowboys interest in trading back and getting Collins or Darrisaw, I would like either option a lot. He said something I hadn't heard which was Collins was a pre med student under grad. That made him even more interested in my mind. Should not have a hard time learning the playbook or remembering his assignments.

RS12

Reaction score
Pauline also said when you look back on the draft in 3 years that Collins likely to be one of the best players in this draft class.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Collins is arguably the 3rd best LB in this class. He ain’t better than Parsons or JOK. I’d even rather have Davis. I dont worry much because I still think it’s Surtain and Horn. Until they announce an LB as our pick I ain’t buying it.

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good video to watch of somebody breaking down Z. Collins? I haven't studied him much..quick Google search and I haven't found anything that looks worth watching

Thank

hendog86

Reaction score
Agree but we already know that they won’t work. We have to be rid of Jaylon and LVE next year so we need at least 2 LB this year

I’m taking Bolton in 2 and Browning in rd 3

You have any thoughts on Pete Werner in rd 4 or 5?

Gaede

Reaction score
Pauline was just on CBS sports radio. Reiterated the Cowboys interest in trading back and getting Collins or Darrisaw, I would like either option a lot. He said something I hadn't heard which was Collins was a pre med student under grad. That made him even more interested in my mind. Should not have a hard time learning the playbook or remembering his assignments.

What's funny is Collins reminds me of LVE (physically) and Byron Jones (mentally). He seems to be a very intelligent, mature person for his age, so I'm not surprised at all the Cowboys like him.

That said, you can't just build a team of good guys. Someone needs to have some fight in them. That's why I like Horn, Perkins, guys like that

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Caught this off the Athletic:

Asked which players go higher than most public boards project, one personnel executive said Collins, the Tulsa linebacker. The winner of the Bronko Nagurski and Chuck Bednarik awards, Collins is in play for the Cardinals at No. 16 and Titans at No. 22, another person said. The 6-foot-5, 260-pounder, who has sub-4.7 speed, is another prospect receiving the “unicorn” label for his unique athletic traits for his position.

This sounds exactly how media scouts viewed Lve, when the actual scouts liked him much more. Funny thing is, some believe Collins comp is Lve without the injuries.

If we see the Cowboys trade back in the top 15, Collins certainly will be a prime target.
Sounds like a great fit for us!