Zay Jones signing with Arizona Cardinals

blueblood70

Reaction score
We like our guys.
There's no reason we shouldn't dude got cut from his own team that'd be one team he also visited the Titans the Cowboys and the chiefs they also passed on us so let's understand they must have liked their guys as well they must have thought he was overpriced as well so let's make sure we keep the proper score here invited teams let him pass this is gonna turn out to probably be just like Shaquille Leonard you all keep asking for all these dudes because other teams took them even though there were a lot of teams that also passed on them but it's always Jerry Jones that gets the Flack when apparently the Cardinals were the only ones who are willing to overpay the guy and take the risk...

Out wide receiver room you know pretty much the exact same room except for gallop whose numbers can easily be replaced what's a top five offense in total offense they were top three in passing I'm betting they're really high in scoring because Prescott had 35 touchdowns which led the league so let's keep it real here we're returning pretty much the same passing offenses last year that got our quarterback second team all pro and 2nd in MVP voting so yeah let's overreact to another Jag who didn't make it on our team who would just spend some comfortable #3 depth but yeah we can keep starting these posts but let's make sure we keep all the facts 100%....

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we replace anyone. But we lost Gallup because he wasn't the player he used to be. Do we not want to replace the player he used to be? Zay Jones isn't that player, but he's closer to Cooks talent, and better than anyone we can get at league minimum.

At this point it's clear the Cowboys are just hoping someone else steps up.
Not that I agree with what they are doing overall, but considering what they are probably trying to do, I saw no reason to limit the opportunities for guys like Tolbert and Brooks.

If you’re not trying as hard as you can to win, at least find out about the bottom of the roster.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Tolbert goes into next season as a solid WR2, and it also wouldn’t surprise me if he is no longer on the team after this season. Let’s find out.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I appreciate that Stephen at least brought him in. I have no clue why so many people are butt hurt Stephen didn't sign a JAG. Zay would only be competing with Tolbert for snaps at most.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not that I agree with what they are doing overall, but considering what they are probably trying to do, I saw no reason to limit the opportunities for guys like Tolbert and Brooks.

If you’re not trying as hard as you can to win, at least find out about the bottom of the roster.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Tolbert goes into next season as a solid WR2, and it also wouldn’t surprise me if he is no longer on the team after this season. Let’s find out.
Agreed. Excellent point.

rambo2

Reaction score
If they could get him for 4M a year, that's cheap. He's not garbage. The Cowboys are looking for league minimum material. Zay Jones would upgrade the position by a bit. But you have to pay for that.
I think it is an overpay.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t care that they didn’t sign Flowers, but are they going to continue to publicly blame the guys who are due for big contracts as the reason they can’t improve the team?

To what end? Maybe guilt them into signing slightly cheaper? Come on.

They are just begging for a locker room problem.
It isn't going to work., Not when they know they can get top dollar someplace else.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Guess he wasnt impressed with the $1.2 million we offered.

How bad was our offer that he went to Arizona over where he is from and dad played?
According to my sources, the deal breaker for SJ was Zay demanded the premium Whataburger coupons AND the Longhorn Steakhouse two for one beauties .... Stephen was not having it.. Way over the line.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They are collecting offensive pieces to the Kyler Muray puzzle . They beat Dallas & Philly last season and added new blood to the receiver corp & a new RB . Could make noise in the West .

HungryLion

Reaction score
And rightly so, he sucks and is injury prone at this point...go look at his stats or lack there of...just bc you know his name and remember him catching a td against the cowboys in doesn't mean he's any good.
I could care less
If they signed him or not. They aren’t winning a Super Bowl this year anyway.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Cowboys fans (Jones fan boys) two days ago

"See, be patient. Cowboys just brought in Zay Jones for a visit. The Jones are trying to improve the team!"

Cowboys fans (Jones apologists) now
"Zay Jones isn't even good."

Something is obviously wrong. Free agents are opting out. Even ones whose dads played here and won multiple Super Bowls. Undesirable location.
Yup. Daddy & Son have killed the allure of America's Team. Zay probably walked in and saw Zeke chasing McCarthy around trying to smack his backside while Cap Boy was spotted in a corner clipping coupons in his bike helmet. Arizona it is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like Stephens vet minimum plus a bagnof peanuts didnt cut it.
Apparently he wasn't good enough to remain with his own team, then he visited the chiefs ,Titans, and Cowboys, who all passed

apparently you think he had a choice, only one team offered him what they offered him, I guarantee he went with the money therefore the bag of peanuts that was offered by the other teams also wasn't good enough... you got that??

you want to keep this in focus it wasn't between the Cardinals and Cowboys it was between the Jaguars, chiefs, Titans, Cowboys, they all said no we will pass

perspective dude, stop with the whining and the crying about our front office like I bet you were one of the ones that thought we should have had Leonard probably about 10 to 15 free agents a year that people begged and cried that weren't brought in here almost always don't do Jack with the teams they end up getting on with Oh my God we needed this guy we should have got that guy Jerry never brings in anyone and most of them they all end up being a Jag....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup. Daddy & Son have killed the allure of America's Team. Zay probably walked in and saw Zeke chasing McCarthy around trying to smack his backside while Cap Boy was spotted in a corner clipping coupons in his bike helmet. Arizona it is.
And yet he didn't end up with the chiefs the Titans got cut from the Jags and somehow this is a Jerry Jones problem he that they had a choice no say took the money and only one out of all those teams offered him that kind of money keeping him perspective had nothing to do with the Jones family and people are so upset that we didn't bring in the guy that was gonna be competing with Tony tolbert or maybe Turpin for the number three spot wow what a bonanza we just lost Jerry ******* rice yay... No the problem is the fan base y'all react like a bunch of toddlers you couldn't eat what they wanted so they threw a tantrum you throw tantrums all the time and yet all these free agents brought in over the last couple of seasons especially before the trade deadline that didn't work out like Leonard for instance or most of the Jags that completely ruined the back end of the Eagles with this wonderful atmosphere that hallie Roseman brings into the Eagles and they just absolutely fell on their face and collapsed last year down the stretch you mean those types this is one of those kind of guys hit or miss you know overpay with the risk versus reward...

Flamma

Reaction score
And yet he didn't end up with the chiefs the Titans got cut from the Jags and somehow this is a Jerry Jones problem he that they had a choice no say took the money and only one out of all those teams offered him that kind of money keeping him perspective had nothing to do with the Jones family and people are so upset that we didn't bring in the guy that was gonna be competing with Tony tolbert or maybe Turpin for the number three spot wow what a bonanza we just lost Jerry ******* rice yay... No the problem is the fan base y'all react like a bunch of toddlers you couldn't eat what they wanted so they threw a tantrum you throw tantrums all the time and yet all these free agents brought in over the last couple of seasons especially before the trade deadline that didn't work out like Leonard for instance or most of the Jags that completely ruined the back end of the Eagles with this wonderful atmosphere that hallie Roseman brings into the Eagles and they just absolutely fell on their face and collapsed last year down the stretch you mean those types this is one of those kind of guys hit or miss you know overpay with the risk versus reward...
It could be something as simple as him just taking the highest offer. It could be that other teams weren't impressed. He's obviously on the last leg of his career if he went to 4 teams and the best he could get was 4M.