Zeke's sole purpose week 1 vs the Browns!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Is to provide a safe environment for our QB to thrive upon against a pass rusher such as Myles Garrett! I expect to see him laying chip blocks on (MG) often to combat his pass rush. If we're going to leave our rookie LT on an island, either we're extremely confident in him, or not to bright. I'm sure their will be times where he'll be 1 on 1, he has to grow. Looking forward to the matchup, Zeke help save the day!!! Please give your thoughts

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saying the starting RB's sole purpose is to help protect the QB from the pass rush just sounds wonky.

Especially given it will be RBBC that and every other game this year.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If you need 2024 Zeke to save the day, the day is already lost.
He does not need to save the day, but he will need to contribute in the passing game. Zek has lost his burst and his ability to make guys miss consistently, BUT he can help in pass protection and with catching swing passes.

Zek will be needed vs Cleveland. A smart coach will use Zek’s strengths AND avoid his weaknesses!!

Zek only averaged 3.5 yards per carry last year. He, no way, should be the lead back! McCarthy should know this.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saying the starting RB's sole purpose is to help protect the QB from the pass rush just sounds wonky.

Especially given it will be RBBC that and every other game this year.
Why? It was Zeke's prime duty from the get go. We ruined him from it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I bet you see a ton of formations with the TE on the left side of the line and Ferg stays in to block more than he runs routes. Bad news is Ferg is a pretty good receiver that Cleveland doesn’t have to worry about, but it could set up some well timed delayed releases too.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He does not need to save the day, but he will need to contribute in the passing game. Zek has lost his burst and his ability to make guys miss consistently, BUT he can help in pass protection and with catching swing passes.

Zek will be needed vs Cleveland. A smart coach will use Zek’s strengths AND avoid his weaknesses!!

Zek only averaged 3.5 yards per carry last year. He, no way, should be the lead back! McCarthy should know this.
He looked better in NE catching a few swing passes, I remember passes to him were better off being thrown out of bounds. How successful can you be on offense throwing 1 yard swing passes to your RB

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I bet you see a ton of formations with the TE on the left side of the line and Ferg stays in to block more than he runs routes. Bad news is Ferg is a pretty good receiver that Cleveland doesn’t have to worry about, but it could set up some well timed delayed releases too.
totally agree

Loso86

Reaction score
Is to provide a safe environment for our QB to thrive upon against a pass rusher such as Myles Garrett! I expect to see him laying chip blocks on (MG) often to combat his pass rush. If we're going to leave our rookie LT on an island, either we're extremely confident in him, or not to bright. I'm sure their will be times where he'll be 1 on 1, he has to grow. Looking forward to the matchup, Zeke help save the day!!! Please give your thoughts
His sole purpose will be to play running back, provide a good change of pace. Not expected to take the bulk of the carries and to grind out the tough yardage, first downs and goals to go. It just so happens that one of his strengths is pass block. Stop making it seem like that's ALL he can do