Zeke's sole purpose week 1 vs the Browns!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I just love the assumption that Zeke is the greatest pass blocking RB of all time and still is, lol.

You would think other teams would have lined up to sign this super-stud before the cheapskate Cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's ridiculous. A well-placed block by Zeke can give Dak more time to throw the ball and thus save the day. That's not hard to see.
They won't care. If zeke doesn't rip off a ton of 60 yarders...he is worse than worthless. Just look at this "fan" that posted above me. Pathetic.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but if it were me, I would play Zeke like an old school fullback. Daryl Johnston Style. Let him lead the hole for blocking and swing him out of the backfield for the occasional catch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I just love the assumption that Zeke is the greatest pass blocking RB of all time and still is, lol.

You would think other teams would have lined up to sign this super-stud before the cheapskate Cowboys.
I just hate how some posters just assume the worst.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So who else was the elite league leading rb that blocked as much and better?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Saying the starting RB's sole purpose is to help protect the QB from the pass rush just sounds wonky.

Especially given it will be RBBC that and every other game this year.
I hate that Zeke starts.

He should just be a role player and Dowdle should start over him.

Zeke in a significant role is just stupid at this point.

It’s gross to even think he’s back.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate that Zeke starts.

He should just be a role player and Dowdle should start over him.

Zeke in a significant role is just stupid at this point.

It’s gross to even think he’s back.
Yup. 4 months to upgrade.

lkelly

Reaction score
e092dc1e-a6ba-4c8f-a43c-bdb58e9866da_text.gif

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They can use more motion, and move Dak around in the pocket To avoid the pass rush.
Zeke then can provide extra protection when and if Needed.
When's the last time you've seen the cowboys make these kind of adjustments

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
When's the last time you've seen the cowboys make these kind of adjustments

The boys have not had a lot of motion on Offense since the Roger and TD days, when the OL was moving, RB moving and the WR coming behind the OL to the other side. Darn Tom had the beautiful O.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will be good at blocking. He never had a problem with that. He will be used in short yardage and early downs to run. He can still help wear down a defense. It’s the other RBs that need to get the yards. Hoping one of them can step up and be that guy, I don’t mind running back by committee but would like to see that one that can get big runs. Players like Elliot (in his younger years) needed some runs early to get in the flow of the game. I still prefer to have a tough bell cow RB.