Zeke’s Workload Against Giants

blueblood70

Reaction score
BS. Bell misses an entire year and he said "no limits." EzE misses 30 days and he's put on a snap count. Frickin prom queen
its more to do with Bell has gone through all OTAS and TC and practices and PS games, well he didnt play but hes in a groove to where game 1 is part of a flow.. Zeke hasn't been around..i personally dont think zeke needs practice, hes one of those special players BUT why push it? I though Pollard was the next coming and the first few games were taters, well let pollard get some real series not just breather runs to spell zeke.. this is marathon..why rush , we need zeke for bigger games let him build toward NO games etc so he ready to just run it down their throat and keep the ball away from Brees etc.. thats the goal..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Take it easy on Zeke this first game. He's not in football shape so the pitch count on him should be somewhat limited. Let Pollard have a few more touches and the WRs a few more opportunities. Be smart about this KM.

Scotman

Reaction score
If we score on the first couple of possessions, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pollard get the bulk of the carries from that point forward. I could see them treating this like a dress-rehearsal pre-season game for Zeke.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would go with 20-25 carries, regardless of snaps. Another 15 carries or so for Pollard is good, too. #BleedThatClock #ShortenTheGame

Can't see Elliott getting that many unless Pollard just fails. I think Zeke will be in the 12-15 range if we don't absolutely need more from him. Pollard will probably end up in a similar range. That's just carries, though, with them also receiving a few passes each.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Zeke got 27 touches coming off his 6 game suspension in 2017

I expect Zeke to get touches and depending on the flow of the game it could be 20+ touches.

JayFord

Reaction score
I hope they haven’t told anyone

Let the giants find out

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not asking what they should do, or whatwe think they will do. I’m asking whatthe Cowboys have indicated they will do with Zeke.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what the team expects out of Zeke for game 1 against the Giants? Pitch count? Full workload?
Under the 50 carry mark. That’s a safe bet.

Honestly, as a fan, I’m guessing around 15 to 18 run carries with maybe 1 to 3 pass plays. Guessing Pollard will be relegated to about 5 run plays and who knows regarding pass plays?

I honestly believe Kellen wants to show a little more in the pass game.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
BS. Bell misses an entire year and he said "no limits." EzE misses 30 days and he's put on a snap count. Frickin prom queen

Bell just went thru the entire offseason and training camp with the Jets. Zeke missed entire training camp so it’s not the same thing.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I am thinking about 18-25 carries. I am not sure if I am the only one, but I am also looking forward to seeing what Pollard can do.
If I am not mistaken, the last few games against the gnats have resulted in pretty bad running stats. Imo, Pollard is going to get stuffed.