Zeke 3rd and short nobody is better!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Total yards isn’t a great measure. Efficiency is a better measure. Zeke is a very inefficient RB at this stage of his career. A lot of the time his Carries hurt the team more than help. Thats the concern.

If they use him for anything but short yardage/goal line it would be a detriment.
Total yards, rushing/receiving is a good measure. All purpose yards are used all the time gauging a back. Zeke is still effective in a certain role. Plus he’ll be motivated to prove his detractors wrong. He’ll likely be better than many on this board think because most seem to think he’s completely washed up and sucks. He showed on that 77 yard play there’s still something left in the tank. That was a better play than any of our backs had last season. Had it not been negated it would have pushed him close to 400 yards receiving and 6 total TDs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Total yards, rushing/receiving is a good measure. All purpose yards are used all the time gauging a back. Zeke is still effective in a certain role. Plus he’ll be motivated to prove his detractors wrong. He’ll likely be better than many on this board think because most seem to think he’s completely washed up and sucks. He showed on that 77 yard play there’s still something left in the tank. That was a better play than any of our backs had last season. Had it not been negated it would have pushed him close to 400 yards receiving and 6 total TDs.
No. I don’t care what the total yards are if it takes too many Carries to get those yards. Zekes yards per rush has been getting worse every season. It was a putrid 3.5 last year.

If the back is averaging 3.5 yards per carry, it hinders the offense because the offense is getting put into 2nd and 3rd and long too often.

Also let’s not play the “if not for the penalty” game. Zeke doesn’t go 77 yards on that play if not for the hold.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. I don’t care what the total yards are if it takes too many Carries to get those yards. Zekes yards per rush has been getting worse every season. It was a putrid 3.5 last year.

If the back is averaging 3.5 yards per carry, it hinders the offense because the offense is getting put into 2nd and 3rd and long too often.
He was used to pick up the dirty yards on a bad team. He’s not what he was but he’ll definitely provide some help. We’re desperate, we have no other choice. Plus he signed a cheap one year deal. Don’t know why so many fans are complaining. I would rather use Zeke than a midget who averaged 1.7 a carry last season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He was used to pick up the dirty yards on a bad team. He’s not what he was but he’ll definitely provide some help. We’re desperate, we have no other choice. Plus he signed a cheap one year deal. Don’t know why so many fans are complaining. I would rather use Zeke than a midget who averaged 1.7 a carry last season.
I’m not complainig. Just pointing out the facts. If pointing out the facts about Zeke comes across as complaining, that’s because he’s washed and shouldn’t be anything more than a #3 RB

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Fair enough. You didnt actually accuse anyone....my bad.
There was an insinuation that people are, and perplexed why your not? If they are perplexed you arent, they must be. Or else why be perplexed. Follow me?

At any rate...theres no reason to be excited. Theres also no valid reason to think he cant contribute to this team.
I hope he does, we have the same goal

kskboys

Reaction score
Was he? You watch the Pats? I don't. Not sure how he was used. How do you know?

kskboys

Reaction score
One of the worst measures there is. Volume yardage has never been a good measure. Jerry, didn't you learn your lesson w/ 1,000 yd receiver Peerless Price?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Last time I was watching Zeke, he was strictly getting the yards blocked for him. I did not see any pile pushing or tackle breaking. About the only positive I'm aware of at this point is his blocking.
Sorry brother but this is a classic example of only seeing what you wanted to see. Maybe go have a look at this and check back in:

There are more than a few tackle breaking, pile pushing, people dragging runs in there.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Was he? You watch the Pats? I don't. Not sure how he was used. How do you know?
Nobody was going to shine in the Pats' offense. No QB, no receivers, no passing game, horrible line, terrible blocking scheme. And just for giggles frequently getting to play from behind because the QBs were giving away INTs like they thought they were Vinny Testaverde.