Twitter: Zeke commenting on his career

McKDaddy

Reaction score
for the zillionith time, we understand why he wants to be paid while he is still in good health. However, the offers that have been made will pay him well and protect him by guaranteeing a significant portion. Holding out for more suggests lesser motives are in play.

Polkton31

Reaction score
This is too funny. I have to call BS. He talks like someone else is controlling his destiny. He is the one holding out because the money doesn't make him the highest paid. If he really wanted to be a Cowboy for his whole career, he would have already signed a deal and reported to work. The fact that he hasn't, speaks much louder than his empty words. I especially like how he threw Emmitt Smith out there like the situation is somehow the same. By the time that Emmitt left the Cowboys, he was a shell of himself when he was in his prime, and was going into his 14th season. Make no mistake about it, I believe that Zeke is an incredible player, and arguably the best at his position. Having said that, I also believe that Zeke continues to make himself look more and more foolish with everything he does.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty obvious he's able to detach the emotional and business part of this issue. Even sounding mentally prepared for possibilities of playing elsewhere if it comes to that but I think this gets done within next week or so.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/26/andrew-luck-retires-colts-jason-witten-cowboys-josh-allen-bills

— Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Ezekiel Elliott. I said this the other day on the Rich Eisen Show—I believe that the team’s best offer, right now, is close to what Todd Gurley got from an average per year basis. And I think when push comes to shove, the Cowboys would be willing to nudge past what Gurley makes. They won’t blow up the market, but the team will pay market value. Ultimately, I think based partially on what’s become of Gurley in the year since he signed, it’ll be tough for Elliott to say no to that. But we’ll see.

“Sad but happy for him.”

McKDaddy

Reaction score
One thing I will say he’s not doing what Melvin Gordon is. He said trade him. Zeke def wants to be a cowboy but paid well. Gordon don’t care

In Gordon's defense, he is a year further down the road than Zeke. So, he has played out his initial 4 year deal & is asking to get paid & protected with quaranteed money rather than the team just exercising the 5th year option. Also, he was drafted 15th and thus has only made about 5 mil over the first four years. He has played in 55 games and taken a beating behind some bad lines. In short, they aren't they same situation.

If we were having the Zeke discussion next year rather than this year, I would be much more sympathetic to Zeke's position.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
As a life long Cowboys fan, I also have a comment on Zeke’s career. I no longer give a damn if the rest of your career is in Dallas or not. If you handled all aspects of your life and career as Emmitt did, everyone would be on your side and you would already have the deal you want. Instead you remind us more and more of the Terrell Owens era with the constant off the field distractions and self absorption. You are quickly heading in the direction of the best day of your Cowboys career in the minds of the fans being the day you are no longer a Dallas Cowboy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Then be reasonable on your contract, ask for a 7 year deal. That would wrap you up for most of your career.

Except that a 7 year deal would really just be a 3 year deal with a team option for the final four years.

Everything is really just a 3 year deal when you've got a big contract.