Zeke could absolutely play against the Giants if he wants to

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It means that Jerry can't hire a lawyer to sue his own employee. So it kinda has everything to do with it. Also get familiar with something called the CBA before you click reply.

Well if you looked back on some of my posting I did mention that the players union will foot the legal bill. So whats your point?

Vero_F250

Reaction score
When Brady's ruling also came down from the courts he actually could have taken his case 1 level higher if I'm not mistaken...buying him even more time. He decided to stop fighting it and serve his 4 game suspension. Zeke has some options here and let this drag out for a while if it's a fight he wants to take on.

beacamdim

Reaction score
When Brady's ruling also came down from the courts he actually could have taken his case 1 level higher if I'm not mistaken...buying him even more time. He decided to stop fighting it and serve his 4 game suspension. Zeke has some options here and let this drag out for a while if it's a fight he wants to take on.

The only higher court he could have tried to go to was the US Supreme Court, which is the level immediately above the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. No one has the right to have their case by the Supreme Court. You have to ask, and they only take very few cases that are of national consequence. Each year there are about 7,000 to
8,000 requests, and only 80 or so are granted. The court would never take Zeke's case. So it is not a viable option for delaying anything.

erod

Reaction score
Man I hope you're correct on this.
I am. If a player is given a time or season suspension, it's that. If it's a number of games, it's only regular season games because it relates to game checks. Players are only paid per their salary for regular season games.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Well if you looked back on some of my posting I did mention that the players union will foot the legal bill. So whats your point?

You also said Jerry would foot bill, so I guess my point is you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Sandyf

Reaction score

Mike Florio is an attorney. Legal explanations are the only thing I trust him on regarding sports.

According to Florio, what is probably going to happen is Zeke is going to first appeal, then he'll get reduced to fewer games. If he still isn't happy, he can take the case to an arbitration hearing, which will result in a delay much like Brady's case (even though the NFL called for that hearing).

This could effectively go on for months, meaning Zeke could play the first several games of the season while it's being heard.

The negative, of course, is that this will be hanging over the team and season all year.

(Will Jerry foot the bill for this? Betcha he does.)

Actually if the Cowboys and/or Zeke file in federal court, it could go on for close to two years, and then if they don't like what the federal court says they can appeal to the Supreme Court which unless fast tracked could take several more years in like 5 or more. I seriously doubt that it would happen although you never know plus the fact the CBA expires in 2020 I believe and then things are certain to change.