Zeke Grew Up

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one here is saying that. Stop making stuff up. We could say that his homers like his stats more than winning. See how that works?
No we don’t. Winning takes a team that’s what you can’t get through your head.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wrong again. I'm not impressed with stats. I'm on record several times saying I would be happy with 200-250 yards a game if they were winning games and knocking on that door to the super bowl. As it stands now the Dak homers only have padded stats and mediocre W/L records when trying to sell Dak's worth.

Because of this outrageous contract he just signed, he damn well better win a super bowl and win MVP. And he better throw for 600 and 6.
So when Aaron Rodgers signs for the highest contract for a quarterback. He better win a Super Bowl to right. That’s not how the world works

75boyz

Reaction score
So when Aaron Rodgers signs for the highest contract for a quarterback. He better win a Super Bowl to right. That’s not how the world works

Nah, but I would "settle" for ONE Super Bowl, multiple MVPs, multiple NFC Championship game appearances and consistent playoff attendance, lol.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I was more than thrilled about how Zekes approach to the off season was a spotlight the last couple of months. I was even more happy than that today when I listened to his entire presser. He owned it and I think we are looking at a new man. He was confident and in control of his words. He took responsibility for the teams faults last year and highlighted how unacceptable the fumbles were. I highly recommend you go listen to the entire 10-12 mins and hear for yourself. Zeke was an immature kid when the Cowboys drafted him. What a difference 5 years have made. The way he spoke today made me excited to watch him this year. We need this type of leadership.
A link would be great. Looking forward to the grown up Zeke.

Now if only he could become much more responsible with his dogs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In some ways you can't blame him for the immaturity he showed earlier. He was bigger, faster, stronger and a better runner than just about anybody in high school, the same to some degree in college, then when he got to the NFL he came to a team with a great offensive line, playing against teams that had never played with him before.

The world was his oyster, as the saying goes, why would he act mature? Yes a few do, like Emmitt, but not everybody is the same. He had few influences to show him how to act apparently.

But now he has, if his comments are real, we should all be supporting him, if for no other reason than he has matured as a man, not even accounting for the fact that his returning to 2016 & 2018 form will greatly improve our chances of seeing another trophy hoisted come February 13, 2022...

blueblood70

Reaction score
What "bs" are you talking about?

Covid?
Injury"
No QB?
3rd string and STREET Offensive Linemen?
silly OC who doesn't know how to run a running game?

That kind of "bs"?
:hammer:

additionally they call him FAT and out of shape , never once true..so hes 218 now played most of his nfl career at around 225-228??

he gained this weight mostly in muscle to carry the ball in the nfl as 3 down power back as he was asked to do 300+ carries a year and delivered..

now they want him about quicker so he loses 8lbs lmao

eight whole pounds on a pro athlete who pays 16 games year and almost never hurt means what since when is 8lbs mostly in muscle FAT...haters be hatting same ones in here first to be negative..:muttley::facepalm::huh::lmao2:

coming from the phat azzes behind their keyboard that pay people to mow their lawn, wash their car, and many other tasks so they can spend more time judging pro athlete on their physique.

that doesnt mean a whole lot..:laugh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nah, but I would "settle" for ONE Super Bowl, multiple MVPs, multiple NFC Championship game appearances and consistent playoff attendance, lol.

In other words, Dak demanded this ridiculous contract, he now has produce. There are expectations, and none of them are asking too much. He demanded to be the highest paid, now its time to go out and try to earn it.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was more than thrilled about how Zekes approach to the off season was a spotlight the last couple of months. I was even more happy than that today when I listened to his entire presser. He owned it and I think we are looking at a new man. He was confident and in control of his words. He took responsibility for the teams faults last year and highlighted how unacceptable the fumbles were. I highly recommend you go listen to the entire 10-12 mins and hear for yourself. Zeke was an immature kid when the Cowboys drafted him. What a difference 5 years have made. The way he spoke today made me excited to watch him this year. We need this type of leadership.

Thanks for the post discussion contribution, but i Zeke rededicating himself to re-shaping his body to a quicker form (sumthin' i've long been crusading that zeke had to do) .
.has nuthin to do with him “growing up’..imo. .

The latest press interview just saw him calm, serious and informative, in a different format that what he's usually presenting as a fun lovin' big kid,
but the topic of Covid 19, to which he was exposed to, added more to his turmoil ' 20 season, and he well knows of the anti-zeke criticism, among media and Cowboys nation
and he took it hard.

That was a self assured confident young man that has had to with unusual amount of fumbles, his only missed injury game, Co-Vid 19 related issues, and much talk of
a loss of his patented 2016 burst.

Didn't help matters that the previous Garrett regime sought to bulk him up for the sake of making him more of a methodical bell cow pounder and lesser of a breakaway threat,
but there's no doubt, no question that Elliott is doing everything he can to return to that more dynamic impact playing form.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I know I saw more than a few plays last year where, if Zeke had more quickness (and willing to make cuts) he'd had some long gains. He seemed to me to be content (maybe it was what he was told to do) to just bash into would-be tacklers and stick with the play, regardless if the blocking was there or not.

Both Dorsett and Smith said they run to holes, whether it was the designed play or not, both spoke of seeing splashes or color to know where to run, most running backs are probably like that, at least the great ones.

Maybe Zeke is saying "I'm going to run the way I do best" and not worry so much about following the play. And that's probably a good thing...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know I saw more than a few plays last year where, if Zeke had more quickness (and willing to make cuts) he'd had some long gains. He seemed to me to be content (maybe it was what he was told to do) to just bash into would-be tacklers and stick with the play, regardless if the blocking was there or not.

Both Dorsett and Smith said they run to holes, whether it was the designed play or not, both spoke of seeing splashes or color to know where to run, most running backs are probably like that, at least the great ones.

Maybe Zeke is saying "I'm going to run the way I do best" and not worry so much about following the play. And that's probably a good thing...

yes for sure most likely a good theory and for SURE ive seen zeke make plenty of cutbacks and set up tacklers and make moves yet everyone here want to claim toe idiotic narratives he falls forward before he gets to the hole and as if hes FB and just runs and falls down on purpose. Sure many plays last year at the snap 2-3 defenders already in the backfield and he lowers his pads and vies underneath the tackle to try hard to get back to the LOS..thats not on him, heck it shows how a 3yr loss is turned into no loss or gain but fans what to sue those moments as if that what zeke has become..lmao

odd someone who wears the star and has played so well can get so much hate..he a DALLAS COWBOY, how about chill on the hate , you dont have to like the guy or buy his jersey but want him to succeed and cheer him on, yes that what fans do as the Star is what counts on the helmet..how about stop the bs and hope this guy gets cut and does terribly..

no one saying you can to be critical of bad plays or bad games but jeez lighten up..

SO REDICULPOUS THE HATE THIS GUY GETS AND NOT APPRECITED OVER HIS PERSONALTIOY, NOSE RING AND HIS LIFESTYLE CHOICES..

they are blind to his talent and he is special regardless of what happed in 2020 as that what the haters couldn't wait for and ignore actual reasons for a sub par season..

75boyz

Reaction score
In other words, Dak demanded this ridiculous contract, he now has produce. There are expectations, and none of them are asking too much. He demanded to be the highest paid, now its time to go out and try to earn it.

Yeah, I was using Rodgers' resume as a justification example for receiving that kinda contract.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

I agree with this. I was sorely disappointed in him but I was sorely disappointed in myself at times in my early 20's.

I look forward to seeing a new and committed Zeke on the field.