Twitter: Zeke has a knee issue

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke has never missed a game due to injury and never should have missed a game for any reason... most bogus suspension in NFL history.

Most durable back in the NFL.

He missed last year with a calf injury. I think he could have played but they decided to keep him out as he would have been limited.
He had hamstring and calf issues all season long. Which is why he was less productive even with a 4th team OL.

However many want to over look all of that.

Agree, most bogus railroaded suspension ever.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
He missed last year with a calf injury. I think he could have played but they decided to keep him out as he would have been limited.
He had hamstring and calf issues all season long. Which is why he was less productive even with a 4th team OL.

However many want to over look all of that.

Agree, most bogus railroaded suspension ever.
heck, i'd sit out or demand to play receiver and not running back behind the OLine we had the second half of last year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
From the interview yesterday it sounds like Zeke woke up with a little soreness in the knee on Monday but was fine by yesterday. He probably could have practiced but the team has shown that it will err on the side of caution with these things like it did sitting Dak out of throwing for two weeks in training camp and the philosophy seems to be working. I have confidence that Pollard can handle the load for one or two games if indeed Zeke has to sit out. The concern from my view has always been whether he would hold up over the long haul.. That's likely a question to which we will never get the answer until Zeke is gone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
his knee issues are for our competitors to worry about, knees to the chest area etc :))

dont know many players who dont have an ache, ding, pull, strain,. or soreness all season..its football guys..non story

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke not going to take any chances letting Pollard go off for 150 and 2 TDs.

Zeke will be on that field ready to go.

It shouldn't be up to Zeke. If pollard is playing well then coaches need to continue to let him play.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Just means that they'll play Tony Pollard more and he'll turn the Giants D into a fine, red mist as he reaches Mach 5 as he runs through them.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't need Zeke jeez, remember the last time he was out for 6 weeks and we killed it!!!!!:facepalm:

Cmac

Reaction score
LMAO... Zeke loves to play the game.. I'm sure you know as well as I do that if he were to miss this game he'd be the biggest cheerleader for Pollard all game long. Surely you guys understand team sports at least that well?
C'mon RonnieT24.....he'd get villified for sitting out on this Board.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
LMAO... Zeke loves to play the game.. I'm sure you know as well as I do that if he were to miss this game he'd be the biggest cheerleader for Pollard all game long. Surely you guys understand team sports at least that well?
LOL... WRONG.

These boys are trying to feed their fam at the end of the day. If he was really tony’s friend he’d sit out a game so he can go off and get paid next year!
Hopefully Pollard can get some more shine and good $$$ on his 2nd contract

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember him taking a hit and walking a little gingerly back to the huddle.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Giants will try 2 load the box and blitz Dak and stop Zeke. If I'm Dallas I just let Dak stand back there and carve them with 3 step drops and quick releases..lots of bubble screens and slants. Quick hitters. The Gmen will come in aggressive. Use that against them. screen em 2 death.
They have the deadliest running back duo in the league right now!

Jones and Barkley can stuff it down our throat

RonnieT24

Reaction score
C'mon RonnieT24.....he'd get villified for sitting out on this Board.

Well he gets vilified on this board regardless. I'm sure he loses hours upon hours of sleep over it.. Winning games is #1 with these guys... and great players believe their teams have a better chance of winning with them on the field. If they didn't have that belief, they wouldn't be great players and you wouldn't want them on your team.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well he gets vilified on this board regardless. I'm sure he loses hours upon hours of sleep over it.. Winning games is #1 with these guys... and great players believe their teams have a better chance of winning with them on the field. If they didn't have that belief, they wouldn't be great players and you wouldn't want them on your team.
I'm with you on that.....and have no doubts on Zeke. I believe.