Zeke is easily the best player on this team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by goshan, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,385 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    NFC Player of the Week confirmed Dak is the better player until further notice. Talk to me again when/if Zeke earns it.

aria, America's Cowboy and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

55,419 Messages
    19,491 Likes Received
    Dak Prescott is EASILY the best player on this team, there's not even a question about it in my mind.

3. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Dak and Zeke are exceptional performers, but the quarterback position is the most impactful on the team. Dak is very durable as well but you have to give the nod to Zeke since his style of running is the most physical at his position.

4. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

24,837 Messages
    60,641 Likes Received
    Best player for position, yes. There's no such thing as a best player on a team. I doubt Zeke would be better at center than Dak. :p

5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

17,336 Messages
    17,712 Likes Received
    Not me. Zeke's 4.2 ypc isn't good enough.

6. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,193 Messages
    2,552 Likes Received

This certainly is not official but one of the things most backs are judged on is hitting or passing the 100 yards rushing in a game. Thus far this season he hasn't hit that mark. Elliott has had his moments since joining the Cowboys both good and bad but to say that he is easily the best player on this team when this team hasn't played all that great, except that comeback, this season. I will concede that he is one of the top 2 or 3 players, but not easily the best.

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  7. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,785 Messages
    14,379 Likes Received
    Zeke impacts the game more than any LB, Guard, DE, CB in the game.
    The best DE in the league completely disappears on about 70% of snaps. The best CB disappears on 50% at least.

A generational 3 down RB impact the game more than these guys and I don’t think it’s even all that close.

we can argue shelf life but honestly what again play who isn’t a QB ages well anymore?

8. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,077 Messages
    17,291 Likes Received
    Our fans overrate him and forced other people to bring clarity. As @PJTHEDOORS stated he has a 4.2 ypc average which isn’t good, especially when you consider he has only faced an 8 man front twice according to NFL Next Gen stats.

Additionally, according to Next Gen stats he has rushed for -7 yards over expected yards.

Zeke is running angrier this year and is punishing defenders as if he is on a mission. That is very clear but he is also inefficient as a runner and is gaining yards again on volume. He even told Collinsworth that he doesn’t look for the home run in the first half because he looks to punish the defense and wear them out. I guess some people interpret this as explosive.

I want to see Zeke in the open field earlier by defenders and turn it into a foot race to the end zone and making the top runner list again like he used to do in 2016. If he doesn’t do that then I won’t agree he is 2016 Zeke again. He is still 2017-2019 Zeke but playing more physical right now.

he is still a great back, but quit saying he is 2016 Zeke until he starts hitting home runs.

9. superonyx

10,785 Messages
    14,379 Likes Received
    Zeke is at 10.9m this year, Cooper is at 12m and Tyron Crawford is at 9.1m

cern and America's Cowboy like this.
  10. superonyx

10,785 Messages
    14,379 Likes Received
    When he has an offensive line of 2016 then I will ask him for 2016 performance.

11. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

28,907 Messages
    54,152 Likes Received
    I believe he's the highest draft pick on the team, so he damned well better be the best player on it.

zerofill and Polkton31 like this.
  12. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,193 Messages
    2,552 Likes Received

Wrong - Elliott's rookie season he had 239 yards after the 1st 2 games.

13. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,942 Messages
    6,462 Likes Received
    His head is finally in the game

14. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

12,372 Messages
    20,541 Likes Received
    He gives you your best chance to win..
    I would like to see him break loose in the open field more though.
    He can and most likely will lead the league in rushing just on ground and pound alone.

Derrick Henry is only 15 yards ahead of Zeke with 12 more carries.
    Aaron Jones had like an 80 yard TD last week.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Gangsta Spanksta likes this.
  15. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

9,860 Messages
    14,436 Likes Received
    We all witnessed what happened when Zeke was out for games.
    Our offense broke all records going 15 str Quarters offense without a single TD.
    Zeke also contributes to our passing attack as without the PA I highly doubt Dak could go over 150 yards passing.
    Zeke was and still is the foundation of our offense.
    Best Pick we've had the last decade.

16. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

15,332 Messages
    20,959 Likes Received
    8 man fronts don't usually occur when a team has 3 wide receivers on the field.
    Especially when the 3 receivers are considered good to really good.

I think the thing to look into when talking about running into loaded boxes is what formation the offense was in for his runs and how many defenders were in the box too.
    7 defenders in the box vs a 11 formation isn't much different than 8 men in the box vs a 21 or 12 offensive formation. The defense will still have 1 "free" defender.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00/gamelog/2016/

134 yards.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  17. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

4,020 Messages
    4,154 Likes Received
    The guy is taking shots at Jaylon and Tank.

Techsass likes this.
  18. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,616 Messages
    12,541 Likes Received
    Dude, do you ever get tired of being wrong all the time? Elliott ran for 51 yards against the Giants in Week 1 of 2016 and 83 against Washington in Game 2. That adds up to 134 yards. Which is less than the 185 yards he has now.

Hoods, Thomas82, INCowboysFan and 3 others like this.
  19. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

10,788 Messages
    10,211 Likes Received
    God if this were true we would be a 2 win team.

Thank goodness this is so incredibly wrong.

20. superonyx

10,785 Messages
    14,379 Likes Received
    Grow up.
    You can compliment Zeke without bashing Dak. The act is old. Stop annoying everyone around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.