Zeke: It's all about execution

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh I get it, I'm paid to get it....lol
My players execute well

You realize what you just said, invalidates your whole argument that the coaches don’t matter and it’s just on the players to execute.

Re-read your statement.

Dre11

Reaction score
You realize what you just said, invalidates your whole argument that the coaches don’t matter and it’s just on the players to execute.

Re-read your statement.

My statement doesn't invalidate anything, I give my players the credit. I have good players. They have what you can't teach, drive,great work habits, and want to.

It's always been my contention that when a lot of players make it to the NFL and get the money, they lose some of those traits if they had it to begin with, therefore, it takes the right group of those individuals with those traits to succeed.

aria

Reaction score
Mark this post, I actually agree with Zeke here. Lawd have mercy! He’s 100% correct.

It’s not all coaching, the players had their chances and they failed to execute. Zeke took the blame for the last game and although his mistakes could have made the difference between a W or L, I don’t it’s fair to say it’s all his fault. Had Zeke executed like he should have, had Dak done a better job, had the receivers done better...we had our opportunities and the players blew it, not the coaching against Seattle.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If it is all about execution, why does anyone care if we bring in another coach? The players will have to execute for the new coach too. It's not like Garrett is bringing anything earth shattering or innovative to the team. He preaches effort 24/7/365. Get a new coach with a new message and see if that person can't bring a breath of fresh air to the organization. Regardless of who it is, the players still need to execute.

What is it that Garrett needs to be the one who continues trying to get the players to execute? I'm failing to see and reasons we must keep Garrett.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If it was all about execution then there would be no need for scheming, and thus no reason for preparation nor coaching. The players would only have to suit up and play.
and execute the run game properly.

So the run game wasnt done properly, till they were down by 17 then they remember how to do it properly, but cant because they are behind?
the run moves the ball just as fast as passing , especially if it is all short passing, there is no difference.
they can run out of bounds when they can to stop the clock, and otherwise use hurry up which keeps defense from subbing, and they will get tired.

We are all tired of hearing watch the tape get better, or behind the chains, lol or execute properly !
The execution should be learned in practice, and they have watched enough tape by now , they should be better already.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
It's more than just execution, but it's not like Zeke can just publicly trash his head coach.

The bottom WR running the comeback was open{and mugged}, but then again we would need a accurate QB with a exceptional sense of timing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The bottom WR running the comeback was open{and mugged}, but then again we would need a accurate QB with a exceptional sense of timing.

It's still a dumb play design. No motion, no crossing, no underneath routes - Tecmo Bowl's playbook has more creativity.

If the only way to complete a pass is with an "exceptional sense of timing" and a perfect pass, your offense sucks. This isn't 1965. The rules favor the passing game now but you'd never know it watching crap like that play.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
one excuse is as good as another when u don't win last year it was injuries why dak and the team was so bad execution was never brought up seems to me its just like all the rest a excuse and that is pretty much what losers do I make excuses why they don't win

Dre11

Reaction score
It's still a dumb play design. No motion, no crossing, no underneath routes - Tecmo Bowl's playbook has more creativity.

If the only way to complete a pass is with an "exceptional sense of timing" and a perfect pass, your offense sucks. This isn't 1965. The rules favor the passing game now but you'd never know it watching crap like that play.

Why did that play need motion? That's just one play, you act like it's the only play in the playbook...lol

jnday

Reaction score
He should focus on his execution.
I will give Zeke credit for holding himself accountable. When is the last time that a Cowboys player has said that the loss was due to his own mistakes? Apparently Zeke has nobody in the organization that would hold him accountable, so he is doing it himself. Zeke’s comments impressed me to be honest.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If anyone is concerned about the execution of this team, I want it stated for the record, I'm all for it. Quick and painless. :cool:

Asklesko

Reaction score
Poor Zeke being the bigger player and taking account for the horrible offense seems like there is a power struggle in who is going to take the blame for all this all the players are the coaches not so much

Garrett likes that kind of player.