Zeke needs 63 yards for a 1000 yd season

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other players have gone though crap too. Philly's line has been a dumpster fire. Their receiving talent has been a joke. Their QB has played horribly. Their leading rusher...164 carries, 867 yards, 6 TD, 5.3 ypc. That's Miles Sanders. At some point, the excuses have to stop and the finger has to be pointed at Zeke to overcome some of these reasons.

You are comparing us to Philly? Philly
Then how about we use 2-3 backs, give them fewer carries, and they have higher YPC? That's surely better than an inefficient bell cow, right? Hell, use 10 backs for all I care if lower carries = higher YPC.

You are talking a completely different scheme now. The effective #2 are only effective because they change the pace and style of the MOSTLY used #1.

When you mix it that much you are watering down that effect.

I'm not saying OTHER teams aren't effective. Eli's Giants used two bruising RB's effectively (imo). We....do not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Getting a ton of inefficient carries can do that.Tread will wear down soon and he will fall off the cliff.
So he has more yards than anyone but in the same breath you say its "inefficient carries".....yeah.....so let me guess....he's the only one in the league who gets "inefficient carries" huh?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect it to get back to that level, but I would be good with somewhere between 2016 and 2018.

I think 2016 is a distant memory too. 2018 though.....possible they can get back there but we know Martin, Tyron and Collins will be back with Collins and Tyron having nagging injuries.....going to be tough to even get back there. For them to get back to where they were its going to take some talent that may not be on the roster yet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ok, stating that he is 63 yards short, makes him less of a player? I don't understand the logic. Henry and Cook, are the only two backs that have separated themselves, this year. All of the rest are in the same category as Zeke. Only five have eclisped the 1000 yard mark, and there is no guarantee, that any of the remaining backs will make it. Sixteen backs had over 1000 yards last year, with Zeke being fourth on that list.
If half of the RBs in the NFL reach 1,000 I would say that's average. 1,000 yards doesn't mean what it used to. It doesn't mean it's negative, just nothing all that special.

Loso86

Reaction score
If half of the RBs in the NFL reach 1,000 I would say that's average. 1,000 yards doesn't mean what it used to. It doesn't mean it's negative, just nothing all that special.
Maybe true, but I bet you if he doesnt get 1000 yds, Zeke will be talked down upon more than if he does get 1000

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe true, but I bet you if he doesnt get 1000 yds, Zeke will be talked down upon more than if he does get 1000
He'll be talked down regardless. He could hit 1,700 yards and all some use as a point of debate is what they think he's worth. All I'm saying is 1,000 isn't anything special, but it's not at all negative. Especially when you factor in missing a game.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
This doesn't have anything to do with Zeke but when I think of barely reaching 1000 yards rushing, I always remember the story of Dave Hampton. He got the first 1K season in Atlanta Falcon's history back in the early '70s. They actually stopped the game to present him a trophy and then he lost yards on his next carry and finished with under 1000 yards. Brutal. I didn't realize the same thing happened to Nick Chubb his rookie year.

Reactions: G2

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So he has more yards than anyone but in the same breath you say its "inefficient carries".....yeah.....so let me guess....he's the only one in the league who gets "inefficient carries" huh?
How many more carries did Zeke have in order to get the more yards than everyone?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You are comparing us to Philly? Philly
Why not? Have they not been a dumpster fire? Somehow Sanders isn't getting all bottled up and it's not like they have a high powered passing game soaking up all the defensive attention.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
He said what he said about not caring what people think but he definitely looked like he was running harder and he took himself out of the game less against the e-girls.

morat1959

Reaction score
Who cares? Personal #s are for losers. It’s a team sport and we haven’t been a team since JJ’s been large and in charge.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? So he's being penalized because he is able to take punishment and others can't?
What do people complain about with Zeke? He lacks big play making ability. He's a grinder, racking up yardage with more carries because he doesn't get them in chunks. People also complain he is used wrong and we just run him up the middle. Efficiency matters. Getting a bunch of carries at a low YPC isn't good. It's not that difficult to understand unless you are just hell bent on defending a player for sake of defending a player. I don't care how many yards he has, he needs to be more efficient with the attempts he gets. If he does that, it is better for the team. When he doesn't do that, it is worse for the team. You seem to think it doesn't matter. Plus, the more carries he gets to gain the yardage, the more wear and tear it does to his body and decreases the amount of time he can be of value to the team.

Now, let's compare. Zeke has 1399 carriers for 6,342 yards since 2016. Henry, who Zeke is most often compared to, has 1148 carries for 5,610 carries. So Zeke has carried the ball 251 more times and gained 732 more yards during that time span. If Henry would have had 251 more carries to tie Zeke, he would have only needed to average of 2.9 ypc in order to equal his total yards. I bet Titans fans wouldn't want to see hundreds to inefficient runs just so Henry can have more rushing yards. Now, if Henry averaged 4.9 ypc like his current career average is and he rushed the ball 251 more times, then he would have more yardage than Zeke. Efficiency matters. We need Zeke to produce more yards per touch. Not sure why this is even an argument. It's like people argue against others who want improvement from the team. Mind boggling.

Loso86

Reaction score
He'll be talked down regardless. He could hit 1,700 yards and all some use as a point of debate is what they think he's worth. All I'm saying is 1,000 isn't anything special, but it's not at all negative. Especially when you factor in missing a game.
Oh I agree with you, I personally still value those things. People say Kamara is better than Zeke and mayne so but that dude only has 3 games of 100 or more yards in his career lol, of thay was Zeke omg

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think 2016 is a distant memory too. 2018 though.....possible they can get back there but we know Martin, Tyron and Collins will be back with Collins and Tyron having nagging injuries.....going to be tough to even get back there. For them to get back to where they were its going to take some talent that may not be on the roster yet.

This is why I want us to draft an offensive lineman this year and next year.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Well 1000 yards is 1000 yards I guess, but to get a more realistic measure of his impact he should be scored like running backs in my fantasy league where you lose two points for every fumble. Maybe take away 50 yards for every time he fumbled and lost the ball this year.