Video: Zeke overpaid? Dak not paying attention to detail?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

10:30 mark he speaks about Zeke.. 17:00 minute mark he speaks about Dak.

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

I agree with his opinions.. I was anti pay Zeke... I am anti pay Dak.. I know some of you love this brand of football we play though.

We know...…….your a Dalton guy. That's why no one can take you seriously on here when you say something.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke and Dak nor anyone on offense is not why we are losing. Zeke and Dak gets clicks and takes fans eye off the real issues with this team.

Yes.. This is a very simple way at looking at this and that’s not how someone like me looks at it..

I think most fans think... Zeke good pay Zeke..

Dak good pay Dak..

Defense bad fix defense..

But there are so many dynamics to all of this and we are putting all of our money in one area and wondering why the other area sucks.

Paying runningbacks is just stupid imo.

Paying QBs, even the truly elite guys, is not equaling success..

The Cowboys best chance going forward is to get rid of some of these guys IMO and hopefully get something for them in a trade but just getting cap space would allow us to rebuild this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We know...…….your a Dalton guy. That's why no one can take you seriously on here when you say something.

Im not a Dalton guy.. I just think we can get Dak like results with him.. Sitting here at 1-3 and 6 wins in our last 17 games I don’t feel like I’m wrong.

Dak Prescott just isn’t a difference maker and he wants a lot of money to not be a impact player.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry if repost..

guess what ITS STUPID TO KEEP SAYING THAT ZEKES OVERPAID AND SHOULDNT HAVE GOT THE MONEY..ITS HAPPENED GET PASSED IT,

BTW USING BELL AND SB AS WELL AS FOURNETE AND ADD GURLEY, ALL HURT A LOT OR JUST NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PLAYING UP TO THEIR OLD STANDARDS as zekes been very productive does lot more then run hes on the field 90% of the nfl snaps this year and blocks like FB, pass routes and runs..so hes like 3 players..

other Rbs have got paid a chat ton since zeke

some of those guys hes mentioned were 1st round draft picks, you picking another rookie first round RB every 4 years??

back to original thought , far too late to keep harping on Zekes deal its dont and not going anywhere..stop living in the past

Dak TBD by this years outcome..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im not a Dalton guy.. I just think we can get Dak like results with him.. Sitting here at 1-3 and 6 wins in our last 17 games I don’t feel like I’m wrong.

Dak Prescott just isn’t a difference maker and he wants a lot of money to not be a impact player.
only if Zeke is utilized more with Daton sure if KM can call a Offnse that utiizes zeke in the run game with better desined plays and keep dalton under 30 attmepts game when it can be controlled..

see how the talk zeke is overpaid changes if you want a player like dalton in there, it would be necessary..See Baker did not play well until the new staff is now running more with purpose by design, protects the QB and the defense..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes.. This is a very simple way at looking at this and that’s not how someone like me looks at it..

I think most fans think... Zeke good pay Zeke..

Dak good pay Dak..

Defense bad fix defense..

But there are so many dynamics to all of this and we are putting all of our money in one area and wondering why the other area sucks.

Paying runningbacks is just stupid imo.

Paying QBs, even the truly elite guys, is not equaling success..

The Cowboys best chance going forward is to get rid of some of these guys IMO and hopefully get something for them in a trade but just getting cap space would allow us to rebuild this team.

Agree with you regarding paying running backs, but I think you're offbase about paying QBs.

QBs get paid retail. End of story. You don't have to like it but it's reality of the market conditions.

People complain about the cost of homes in the Bay Area, but the housing market exists because people are willing to pay to live here. Likewise, someone will be willing to shell out record cash for Dak if he hits the market.

I don't think Dak is "elite," but I do think he's very good and good enough to win with.

What's the alternative? Who is hitting the open market that's viable? You wanna draft a rookie QB and have the team wait another 2-3 years to even figure out if he's the guy?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think he's right about Dak.
Dak is who he is.
Dak is to Mahomes what Jalen Hurt was to Tua.
The recognition and field awareness between the two quarterback pairs are light-years separation.
I love me some Jalen as much as I love Dak in terms of integrity, competitiveness, durability, etc.
But when Tua took over, Bama discovered it has FOUR good receivers compared to one, and it's office shifted to another level.
If we get a quarterback who can scan the field and consistently throw to the spot where the receiver is supposed to be, this offense would be even that much more explosive.
While a quarterback needs to be concerned about turnovers, a quarterback can't be scared to make a throw, particularly if it's the correct pattern and correct route.
Dak needs to let it go.

aria

Reaction score
I don’t even have to watch the video to tell people what myself and others have been saying since draft day. RB’s aren’t worth high draft picks and big contracts.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nobody deserves to be paid on the team. How do we hit the salary cap minimum with rookie contracts and bargain free agents?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry if repost..

I think the biggest win for Dallas this season would to be really really bad.. Like worst team in the league bad. By 2022 we would have a real chance again.

We’re about to be locked into mediocrity though. We’ll be the Houston Texans of the north.

Both Zeke and esp Coop were overpaid due to the ineptness and need to be carried status of our QB, Mr. Prescott!
Dak=666

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agree with you regarding paying running backs, but I think you're offbase about paying QBs.

QBs get paid retail. End of story. You don't have to like it but it's reality of the market conditions.

People complain about the cost of homes in the Bay Area, but the housing market exists because people are willing to pay to live here. Likewise, someone will be willing to shell out record cash for Dak if he hits the market.

I don't think Dak is "elite," but I do think he's very good and good enough to win with.

What's the alternative? Who is hitting the open market that's viable? You wanna draft a rookie QB and have the team wait another 2-3 years to even figure out if he's the guy?

I think where we are at with QBs is ridiculous and teams that don’t have elite guys and they have to pay them like they are just ruin any chance they have at success in this league.

We got a monster deal with Dak we just have to pay for some reason.

If they feel so inclined to do it I’d like to see other bidders get involved and see what the rest of the NFL thinks.

If we lose him to a big contract elsewhere then it might be a blessing for this franchise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
2 fumbles, a safety and 3 easy dropped passes aren’t a large part of why we are losing these close games? 2.6 ypc? I strongly disagree.

People are obsessed with the box score at the end of these games and applaud the offense but there is a lot of context being left out..

I mean we had 14 points through 3 quarters last week..

The offense is not that good.. It should be and I know the end result numbers are great but it’s been a mess as well.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are obsessed with the box score at the end of these games and applaud the offense but there is a lot of context being left out..

The offense is not that good.. It should be and I know the end result numbers are great but it’s been a mess as well.
Wait till we play the Steelers-Ravens.....Franchise Dak will look just like he did last seasons game vs the Pats where he went 2-13 on 3rd downs.....

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Yep. Context matters. Slow starts. Turnovers. Too many Inconsistent and Impotent first half offensive possessions.

We simply cannot rely on playing frantic comeback football week in and week out. Some of this is coaching and play-calling, but a lot of this is on Dak.

He does not “command” the offense and get us leads very often. This in turn puts pressure on our broken and pathetic D— which in turn makes Dak and Co press and start making mistakes.

It’s a vicious cycle. We have no identity— except that we love to rally and comeback and are “never out of it.” Ugh.

Get the running game going early and get us the lead, and I think we will start seeing more success. Consistently falling behind by 17+ points is no way to establish your will as a team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

The Bears had 14 points through 3 quarters against the Bucs on Thursday night. They even threw an interception that gave the Bucs the ball at midfield resulting in a TD off of turnover. They only needed 6 points in the 4th to win the game.

For some reason many believe this team’s offense should click like Tecmo Bowl where we just constantly slice through defenses like they are melted butter. It’s not normal.