Twitter: Zeke-Pollard rated 5 running back unit

Jipper

Reaction score
The something is that everyone who says it is wrong lol

Sorry dude just bc someone plays a high number of snaps doesn't mean that him calling to come off the field can't be criticized especially when it feels either excessive or improperly timed....people are not wrong that make this observation

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sorry dude just bc someone plays a high number of snaps doesn't mean that him calling to come off the field can't be criticized especially when it feels either excessive or improperly timed....people are not wrong that make this observation
Yes it does and yes they are.

If it's a criticism of Zeke than it's a criticism of...every back in the league, which is totally pointless. Context matters.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm a Zeke fan, but he better be in much better shape if we are going to be a top 5 unit. No more tapping out so much. Come into camp lighter and work hard. He's never going to be explosive but he needs to get to and through the line quicker this year. Two years ago it was the holdout. Last year it was no offseason and a poor OL. Let's hope no excuses this year. I do love Pollard as a change of pace, explosive in space type guy. If Zeke can become a top 10 back again we will be a top 5 unit IMO. Most importantly...hold onto the damn ball

Dre11

Reaction score
it drives me nuts when i see zeke put his hand up and come running out for a breather....i am sure that emmitt did it but never felt like at the volume that zeke does it....

Do you know how many carries that man has . The man has been ridden like a stallion

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think this is the key to our whole season. If we're a top five rushing team this year, it will be a good season. I think there's a good chance it happens too, just please let us be healthy.

Pounding Zeke hasnt worked the last few years. Its actually holding back the offense. The barometer will be how the defense plays. If the defense were in the top 5 we would be a favorite to go all the way. As unlikely as that is.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yes it does and yes they are.

If it's a criticism of Zeke than it's a criticism of...every back in the league, which is totally pointless. Context matters.
Context does matter....like when Zeke calls to be replaced on a third and one situation . Then Pollard fails to pick up a first on the next play. People tend to notice. It's almost as if every time Zeke calls out of the game, we punt two plays later. And that's part of the reason some want a better rotation between the two.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Context does matter....like when Zeke calls to be replaced on a third and one situation . Then Pollard fails to pick up a first on the next play. People tend to notice. It's almost as if every time Zeke calls out of the game, we punt two plays later. And that's part of the reason some want a better rotation between the two.
Ok fine but that's not a fair criticism of Zeke. Especially because on the play you're talking about, he had a head injury.

But the fact that people "notice" and then say stupid things about how he takes himself out too much is the bigger problem. Too many folks on this board remember one play, game, etc. and then use it to make broad generalizations independent of what happens around the league.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ok fine but that's not a fair criticism of Zeke. Especially because on the play you're talking about, he had a head injury.

But the fact that people "notice" and then say stupid things about how he takes himself out too much is the bigger problem. Too many folks on this board remember one play, game, etc. and then use it to make broad generalizations independent of what happens around the league.
Totally agree.