Zeke says running game can improve

haleyrules

Reaction score
lol. If tne run game improves any more....the defense won't even have to get dressed for games. Elliott is way too modest. I would like to see more of Alfred and the kid Jaskson. Darren can be dealt for a used jockstrap or a roll of duct tape!!!;)

Last edited:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Can Zeke hit 2000+ ?

I think it is an interesting question. It's mainly about staying healthy and getting the carries.

He is currently getting 5.1 yards per carry, but I don't feel as though that tells the real story.

Since Week 3 his average has been... 5.92 yards per carry... (To note: that is only slightly lower than his 2015 college average which was 6.3).

If he starts to pull out more long runs it will drastically shift his average, but let's focus on the 5.92 for now. If he maintains his production and his average number of carries a game over the last 4 weeks, he would end the season with 2123 yards. There is quite a bit of cushion for him to hit 2000 at his current level of production. If he breaks long runs, it will be easier for him to reduce his carry number and still achieve the result.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Need to keep him fresh for December. He's never played 16 games, would like to see Morris close out blowouts

Actually he has. The year they won the national championship, they played 15 regular games then the big 10 championship game. Then 2 playoff games culminating in the title game. So in total he played 18 games that season

rynochop

Reaction score
Actually he has. The year they won the national championship, they played 15 regular games then the big 10 championship game. Then 2 playoff games culminating in the title game. So in total he played 18 games that season
Didn't they have a month off though?

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Can Zeke hit 2000+ ?

I think it is an interesting question. It's mainly about staying healthy and getting the carries.

He is currently getting 5.1 yards per carry, but I don't feel as though that tells the real story.

Since Week 3 his average has been... 5.92 yards per carry... (To note: that is only slightly lower than his 2015 college average which was 6.3).

If he starts to pull out more long runs it will drastically shift his average, but let's focus on the 5.92 for now. If he maintains his production and his average number of carries a game over the last 4 weeks, he would end the season with 2123 yards. There is quite a bit of cushion for him to hit 2000 at his current level of production. If he breaks long runs, it will be easier for him to reduce his carry number and still achieve the result.

Can we win more than 1 playoff game?
Can we make the playoffs?
Playoffs?

Plankton

Reaction score

Actually, he hasn't.

Ohio State went 14-1 in 2014, including the College Football Playoff.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Actually, he hasn't.

Ohio State went 14-1 in 2014, including the College Football Playoff.
That's what I was thinking... but didn't care enough to look it up.

Elliott is going to get a lot of carries/touches this year if he stays healthy. A lot. People need to just prepare themselves for it because it's coming.

He's going to get a **** load of yards too.

Plankton

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking... but didn't care enough to look it up.

Elliott is going to get a lot of carries/touches this year if he stays healthy. A lot. People need to just prepare themselves for it because it's coming.

He's going to get a **** load of yards too.

They didn't draft him at #4 overall for him not to be the fulcrum of the running game. Load him up and make the defenses pay.

As much as I like Alfred Morris, he's averaging 3.9 ypc. He's not exactly lighting it up with the opportunities that he has been given.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They didn't draft him at #4 overall for him not to be the fulcrum of the running game. Load him up and make the defenses pay.

As much as I like Alfred Morris, he's averaging 3.9 ypc. He's not exactly lighting it up with the opportunities that he has been given.
Word.