Zeke smart for holding out last year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lol, dude couldn’t find his way out of a wet paper sack. This is the same guy that pulled up a girls top in public WHIlE being investigated for DV against a woman. The same guy who knocked out a DJ AFTER being suspended for DV. The same guy who confronted a security guard AFTER being suspended for DV and this is the same guy that some people refer to as smart. I can’t imagine what their definition of stupid is.
I have total respect for the man when he has the ball in his hands, that's probably the only time in life that he will ever be considered smart unfortunately.
He runs brilliant,,, but he walks like a fool.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Go on, elaborate on how I’m a cliche or perhaps learn the definition before applying it to me. This has nothing to do with how much they make personally compared to how their demands hurt team and how Jerry allocates the money. Paying a RB that much money is just dumb. Name me the last time the highest paid RB and/or league leading rusher won a Super Bowl.

I’m glad you’re happy Zeke “won” at the expense of the Cowboys. It’s nice to know there are people out there that will watch the Cowboys blunder another season because of poor cap management but still be happy because the player(s) got paid the several extra million on top of the millions they already had.

Like someone told me earlier "do your own research". I won't ask you to name the last time the highest paid QB won a Superbowl if you dont ask me to name the last time the rushing leader won a Superbowl.

aria

Reaction score
Like someone told me earlier "do your own research". I won't ask you to name the last time the highest paid QB won a Superbowl if you dont ask me to name the last time the rushing leader won a Superbowl.
Ha...well played! Since I already know the answer I’ll help ya out, Terrell Davis was the last leading rusher to win a Super Bowl and it was in 1997. Two out of the top ten leading rushers made the playoffs this year. To pay a RB as much money as Jerry did, with the O line we have, is absolutely idiotic but homers fall in love with zeke’s stats and refuse to admit his contract was a mistake.

aria

Reaction score
Playoffs trump regular season and he's helped us get to the playoffs and shined more times than not. If that trend you speak of has held for years in the playoffs, then we've been 1 of those 2 teams. Who cares how you get there. Your goal is to get there. Everyone has bad games but are you seriously trying to pin the last Philly game on him when we only gave him the ball 13 times? In his final 6 rushes in that game he gained 38 yards, or 6.3 ypc and we stopped giving him the ball for almost all the 4th Quarter. So now you're blaming him for not being a good enough decoy? Turrible, just turrible. Lol. Your tears are a sea of salt that will never lose its savor.
I like the “turrible” reference, lol.

Let me ask you this, is there anything you do hold zeke accountable for?

When a player demands to be paid as the best RB I expect him to BE the best RB EVERY game. We didn’t make the playoffs last year because of 1 game, had Zeke lived up to his own standards in some of those games we lost we would have made the playoffs.

For about the 5th time, you still haven’t answered me question on whether you honestly think we would hav lost any games without zeke last year. If so, please tell me what games and why.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
if pollard shows something this year it would not surprise me if the cowboys try to get Elliott to take a paycut or cut him after the next two seasons.

They can't get out until 2023. Each year up to 2022 becomes guaranteed in the *prior* year. Look like the contract is designed to end in 2023.

lwehlers

Reaction score
c
They can't get out until 2023. Each year up to 2022 becomes guaranteed in the *prior* year. Look like the contract is designed to end in 2023.
wow the jones really screwed up that contract. congrats to elliotts agent for screwing the jones on his contract.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I like the “turrible” reference, lol.

Let me ask you this, is there anything you do hold zeke accountable for?

When a player demands to be paid as the best RB I expect him to BE the best RB EVERY game. We didn’t make the playoffs last year because of 1 game, had Zeke lived up to his own standards in some of those games we lost we would have made the playoffs.

For about the 5th time, you still haven’t answered me question on whether you honestly think we would hav lost any games without zeke last year. If so, please tell me what games and why.

Do you hold any of the remaining team accountable? It seems to you that all games are won or lost because of Zeke. Zeke didn't cause the Teflon Con to get confused and whiff on his man to stop Zeke on that 3rd and 1 against Minnesota. In the Philly game, Dak put up 44 passes while Zeke was getting the ball 13 times. But nope, why didn't Zeke audible to more runs? Against Buffalo, Dak put up 49 passes while Zeke got 12 carries averaging 5.9 ypc. One of those games would have put us over, eh? Your question can't be quantified. First, I don't have every Cowboys game committed to memory and if we didn't have Zeke, who would we have had? Pollard, the Philly game savior? Oh, right. Also, teams would game plan very differently for Zeke than they would for Pollard or anyone else. Was the OL playing better in some games than others? Was the playcalling? But since you made this post to another who asked you a question:

Sine you asked the question the burden is on you. You tell me, I’m not looking that up.

Isn't your question for you to answer? At least I gave you things to consider as you go back and watch all those games. I'll trust that you won't be biased against Zeke when you evaluate, lol.

aria

Reaction score
Do you hold any of the remaining team accountable? It seems to you that all games are won or lost because of Zeke. Zeke didn't cause the Teflon Con to get confused and whiff on his man to stop Zeke on that 3rd and 1 against Minnesota. In the Philly game, Dak put up 44 passes while Zeke was getting the ball 13 times. But nope, why didn't Zeke audible to more runs? Against Buffalo, Dak put up 49 passes while Zeke got 12 carries averaging 5.9 ypc. One of those games would have put us over, eh? Your question can't be quantified. First, I don't have every Cowboys game committed to memory and if we didn't have Zeke, who would we have had? Pollard, the Philly game savior? Oh, right. Also, teams would game plan very differently for Zeke than they would for Pollard or anyone else. Was the OL playing better in some games than others? Was the playcalling? But since you made this post to another who asked you a question:

Isn't your question for you to answer? At least I gave you things to consider as you go back and watch all those games. I'll trust that you won't be biased against Zeke when you evaluate, lol.
Please use paragraphs.

cern

Reaction score
Not mine and history has proven that paying RB’s that much money isn’t worth it. Name me the last highest paid RB to win a Super Bowl. Name me the last time the league leading rusher won a Super Bowl? I can name you several RB’s in recent history who won SB’s and were considered “washed up” or weren’t even in the top 10 for total yards.
Zeke is an exception, not a rule. Terrell davis, but it was 13 years ago. Imagine zeke running for a team ran by mike shanahan.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is an exception, not a rule. Terrell davis, but it was 13 years ago. Imagine zeke running for a team ran by mike shanahan.
Don’t have to, there have been other league leading rushers that have played for good coaches and the results are the same. Paying RB’s that much money is a complete waste of salary cap space.

Alweezy

Reaction score
With Todd Gurley getting cut, and Melvin Gordon getting a much lower contract, Zeke was dang smart to hold out last season, instead of waiting for this year.

This very situation is exactly why he decided to get his contract early. Zeke was tremendously underpaid for his value to the offense. He earned the contract he has, that's why he has it. People letting their emotions get in the way of what was a sound business decision for both sides. When the GM tries to do too much, then you end up with the Houston Nuk situation which ain't good either. Our situation was a concession, but it wasn't like Zeke didn't earn the contract.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This very situation is exactly why he decided to get his contract early. Zeke was tremendously underpaid for his value to the offense. He earned the contract he has, that's why he has it. People letting their emotions get in the way of what was a sound business decision for both sides. When the GM tries to do too much, then you end up with the Houston Nuk situation which ain't good either. Our situation was a concession, but it wasn't like Zeke didn't earn the contract.
:hammer: