Twitter: Zeke still working it

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wow..

In today’s age of the Internet.. a simple Google search proves Zekes career avg is 4.5ypc.That’s a higher career average than Emmit’s. You should know that, my friend, but maybe not.. smh.

To explain my analogy.. Dak is the engine of our offense, as most QBs are. The threat of Zeke in the backfield helps keep the passing game rolling, hence the serpentine reference.

Tony Pollard is a great player and at this point of their careers, is prob more explosive than Zeke. Yet, Pollard has never rushed more than 101 carries in a season in his NFL, nor his college career. Zeke is one of a handful of RBs left in the league that is a true workhorse and can easily account for 300+ carries. Pollard hasn’t come close to being able to demonstrate that kind of punishment. Pollard is perfect for his role and I hope to see more, but there’s a legit reason why Zeke is still considered one of the best RBs in the league.

No, no, no.
Let's not compare Zero to Emmitt.
No, no, no!

Otherwise, you are proof that some can disagree with class, logic and grace.
Well done, govnor.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m one of those who is expecting a good year from Zeke

he’s a knucklehead a lot of the time but I just have a feeling about 2021.

Not saying he’s going to lead the league or be all-pro but I think it will be better than 2020.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He’s not a homerun threat anymore and it’s not like the grind it out style has made us a better football team.. We were better when he had finesse in his game.

He’s gotta get back the big play or Dallas needs to dump that contract.

I’ll take Pollard and his talent at that cap number all day over Zeke and his 15 million.
He can. He’s brick headed asking to block abs all. Someone needs to talk to him. Maybe dak can tell him to take less hits. Study frank gore abs a peterson. Peterson was physical but 220 do he had home ri. Speed. He made you miss and took it to the house instead of showing how tough he was running yuu over when he doesn’t have to. Gore dives to the turf to avoid hits.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Keep holding that ball like Tiki baby!

Btw you’re buddy Dak is back. Time to get motivated again.
Its about time to see who are the real pros,, I bet Zeke and Dak bust their *** this season and feed off of one another.
That might sound sound odd coming from me, cause most know that I have been critical on both.
Just saying that

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He’s not a homerun threat anymore and it’s not like the grind it out style has made us a better football team.. We were better when he had finesse in his game.

He’s gotta get back the big play or Dallas needs to dump that contract.

I’ll take Pollard and his talent at that cap number all day over Zeke and his 15 million.
You’ve obviously never played football and have no clue what a power back like Zeke can do to a defense. 228 lbs coming at you wears on a defense which in turn makes them far less effective. He’s got a career 4.5 yards per carry average and his mere presence opens up the passing game for Dak.

chagus

Reaction score
Go get em, Zeke.... shut em up.... prove them wrong.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wow..

In today’s age of the Internet.. a simple Google search proves Zekes career avg is 4.5ypc.That’s a higher career average than Emmit’s. You should know that, my friend, but maybe not.. smh.

To explain my analogy.. Dak is the engine of our offense, as most QBs are. The threat of Zeke in the backfield helps keep the passing game rolling, hence the serpentine reference.

Tony Pollard is a great player and at this point of their careers, is prob more explosive than Zeke. Yet, Pollard has never rushed more than 101 carries in a season in his NFL, nor his college career. Zeke is one of a handful of RBs left in the league that is a true workhorse and can easily account for 300+ carries. Pollard hasn’t come close to being able to demonstrate that kind of punishment. Pollard is perfect for his role and I hope to see more, but there’s a legit reason why Zeke is still considered one of the best RBs in the league.
Albert Pujols is a career .298 hitter. The last time he hit .298 or better was in 2011.

He was released last week.

Career averages mean absolutely nothing. Zeke looks nothing like the Zeke that averages 4.5ypc anymore.

conner01

Reaction score
If Zeke is the serpentine that runs our O's engine, we are in a heap o' trouble, as my neighbor (in jail) would say.
3.5 ypc or thereabouts is an offense killer. You should know that, old fellow, but maybe not ....
Where do y’all get this 3.5 per carry fantasy

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the video.

In before the cowboys "fans" who are triggered by anything Zeke come and start saying negative stuff.
not me zeke still high ion my fan list..hes being hated on for really no reason other then they dont like him personally so they blame his for what are team issues. The only thing they can hangs their hat on is 202 and that insane. Oh yes he fumbled 2 games in row for 4 of his 5 fumbles on the year..yes that needs correcting but remember Tiki,

Barber was true fumbler a real issue and NY did not cut him he played 10 seasons 10k rushing yards a star in this league..had 53 fumbles in his career

he has stretch of 6 years with these totals 5, 9,9 ,8,9, 5 had only like 4 seasons with 3 fumbles or less..that what a true player with an issue..

zekes a better player ...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Keep holding that ball like Tiki baby!

Btw you’re buddy Dak is back. Time to get motivated again.
zeke is NOT the fumbler Tiki was and truly tiki never truly fixed his fumbling issues had less his last two seasons but when you are the worst its hard to come back from..

he has stretch of 6 years with these totals 5, 9,9 ,8,9, 5 had only like 4 seasons with 3 fumbles or less..that what a true player with an issue..
zekes a better player all around..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Albert Pujols is a career .298 hitter. The last time he hit .298 or better was in 2011.

He was released last week.

Career averages mean absolutely nothing. Zeke looks nothing like the Zeke that averages 4.5ypc anymore.

Exactly.

People applauding this version of Ezekiel Elliot are just homering.

This guy set a high standard. He was the best back in football.

Now he's a back that puts a box on offensive explosion for the offense and just gets his numbers through volume and not at actually being a difference making player.

When he got suspended in 2017 we've just seen a weaker version of that player ever since..

15 million a year? Use that money elsewhere.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m one of those who is expecting a good year from Zeke

he’s a knucklehead a lot of the time but I just have a feeling about 2021.

Not saying he’s going to lead the league or be all-pro but I think it will be better than 2020.

Oh, easily, and it's good to see that he's working hard. Hopefully, it pays off. I'd like to see him return to being the monster he once was.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
It’s a big play league and Zeke was a game changer when he was a big play back.

This 3 yard stuff just ain’t it. When he got suspended in 2017 we’ve just never seen him be that kind of player again.

When Tony Pollard is in the game you don’t get the consistent 3.5 yard games as Zeke but the guy makes big plays if you give him volume.

He just brings a modern day NFL element to the RB position that is needed.

I’ll take this for 4th round money over Zeke’s 15 million a year. He’s just not worth it without big explosive plays in his arsenal.

Not true. In games where he has had double digit carries in last season, he averaged 3.1, 3.55 and 5.75 ypc. Take out the 44 yd TD run agains SF and that 5.75 drops to 2.2 ypc. Pollard is a really good complementary piece. He's good in the screen game and does have a burst, but I don't think he's a treat to house it every time he touches the ball. If defenses were to game plan for him I think he gets taken out of the game pretty easily. You saw SF do it until they had a bout 4 guys miss a tackle on him on that long TD run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Zeke is “Fat” with those moves.. is an idiot.

Dak is back.. Tyron, La’el, and Martin are back.. Throw in our WR trio and add Jarwin.. omg

Zeke is set for a big year.. and I can’t wait!! Let’s Go!! Go Cowboys!

Zeke doesnt look fat, but he looks slow. He is going to have to do more then juke trash cans. Problem is when there are actual defenders on the field he runs into them, not around them or by them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow..

Zeke is NO longer a threat in the backfield. No DC is scared of Zeke anymore. Why would they be? Zeke used to be scary when he had the best line in football. But its obvious now that the line made Zeke, not the other around. Too many 40 Ouncers and miles on those legs now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we're going to see a very motivated RB this season in Elliott. The fumbles to start the season last season and with stars like Prescott, Cooper and now lamb, he's the forgotten man. Fans think he's peaked and is on the other side and he no longer gets mentioned with the name RB's.

Don't think he doesn't hear the Pollard fans too. He's overpaid, overweight, he's over already. I don't think so, I think he has a goal to make us all remember him again this season. I wouldn't bet against him.