Video: Zeke talks to Urban Meyer about rookie year

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He will lead the Cowboys back to the SB!!
Elliott certainly has the heart, toughness, and physical ability to do so. If Dallas doesn't win a super bowl with Zeke... it certainly won't be his fault.

He is just about as impressive a RB as I've seen come into the league. Some were better pure runners, but they couldn't run through defenders like EE and didn't punish the defense for 4 quarters like Zeke. Many also didn't make blitzing LB's pay like Elliott... who just bludgeons guys. I also don't think many had a love for the game like EE either. He lives and breathes football and competition.

Elliott has the vision, balance, speed, strength and size that you want... however, what makes him special is his desire, competitive nature, toughness, love of contact and his ability to block and catch as well as just about anyone. He is very good in every aspect that you desire in a RB.

Like Garrett said... just a really, really great football player.

robjay04

Reaction score
Elliott certainly has the heart, toughness, and physical ability to do so. If Dallas doesn't win a super bowl with Zeke... it certainly won't be his fault.

He is just about as impressive a RB as I've seen come into the league. Some were better pure runners, but they couldn't run through defenders like EE and didn't punish the defense for 4 quarters like Zeke. Many also didn't make blitzing LB's pay like Elliott... who just bludgeons guys. I also don't think many had a love for the game like EE either. He lives and breathes football and competition.

Elliott has the vision, balance, speed, strength and size that you want... however, what makes him special is his desire, competitive nature, toughness, love of contact and his ability to block and catch as well as just about anyone. He is very good in every aspect that you desire in a RB.

Like Garrett said... just a really, really great football player.

His desire to win I believe sets him apart the most. That's part of what made Emmitt special. You can see it in his eyes pregame, he takes everything so seriously which seems like the opposite of his fun loving personality. You could see he was ready to lead us to the victory late against the Packers when he had some of his best runs, including the spin move I haven't seen all season, shame he wasn't allowed to.

I believe it was the first Commanders game,, I could be mistaken but I remember Zeke running on the field to fire up the defense to get a late game stop. I knew rift then that this guy cared about winning over everything else.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why going into last years draft I repeatedly said, Zeke is the best player for this team overall, he helps every aspect of this team.
Now going into having a full off season with Zeke and Dak, and them planning game schemes around them, as well as Dez and Jason. They should be better.

Last year Dak was a rookie 4th round QB that was to be our 3rd string QB, and sit and learn. He was tossed in as the starter, and looked what happened with a suspect Defense.
I am ready to get through FA and the draft and see where we are going into TC.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Dak is the leader of this team and saying otherwise is foolish
In the metaphorical sense, you are a correct. He is the Quarterback after all. The offense is built around Zeke and I won't slander anyone who says otherwise while claiming it. :)

raichledog

Reaction score
Who really led...Smith or Troy?? To me, the Running Game and the OL are the Engine that really drive an offense. Now, get Garrett to understand that.;). But l get your point.

Neither, Irvin was the leader of those great teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How much will it anger Zeke fans when and if he is suspended by the commish for violation of the league domestic abuse policy. It worries me that Goodell insists on keeping that investigation open. :eek:

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Nice Video, great to see him wanting to give back to the kids behind him.

raichledog

Reaction score
I love Mike and always will. WR's don't win SB's or lead clubs. They are sizzle and highlight reel material.

I totally disagree. Mike was the heart and soul of those teams and the emotional leader. Why would the position someone plays dictate whether or not they are a leader?