Zeke Under appreciated

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Neither could Smith? What the hell are you talking about? Smith in his prime years

1990 - 48T
1991 - 75T
1992 - 68T
1993 - 62T
1994 - 46
1995 - 60T

Even in 1999 and 2000 Smith was making runs over 50 yards. Don't ever try that crap again, boy. Lies about a legend like that, you think were going to get away with that? Also, I didn't say Zeke was "bad", I said he's not playing like the best which we paid him for. Argue against what I wrote. Thanks.
listen son, its not that difficult....take your prosxac and relax.....

zeke had a 60 yard T in 2016. 41 yard run in 2018....he is in year 4 of his career. you gave 6 examples out of 4400 career carries....and 15 years....sounds like you are trying to write off Zeke's career after 4 years. I am not diminishing emmitt's career as I think he is a top 3 RB of all time...but the one thing emmitt wasn't known for was his ability to break long runs consistently, compared to lets say Barry Sanders...emmitt was a work horse. run between the tackles, get the tough yards....

zeke has had a 72T and 82T catches~!!!! that doesn't count? by comparison emmitt has had long catches of 86, 68, 57 in his career...... zeke is a much better receiver out of the backfield than emmitt...again, emmitt in my mind is a top 3 all time RB....I am not saying zeke is better than emmitt, so not sure why you are trashing Zeke!!!

by the same token, for comparison barkley has had runs of 68T, 50T, 51T, 78T, 68, 59 in less than two years.... Barkley is got a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way to go to catch emmitt in anything

and is long runs measure of a RBs effectiveness and greatness?

chill kiddo, you have a lot to learn yet...it will happen. just be patient my young apprentice

mattjames2010

Reaction score
listen son, its not that difficult....take your prosxac and relax.....

zeke had a 60 yard T in 2016. 41 yard run in 2018....he is in year 4 of his career. you gave 6 examples out of 4400 career carries....and 15 years....sounds like you are trying to write off Zeke's career after 4 years. I am not diminishing emmitt's career as I think he is a top 3 RB of all time...but the one thing emmitt wasn't known for was his ability to break long runs consistently, compared to lets say Barry Sanders...emmitt was a work horse. run between the tackles, get the tough yards....

zeke has had a 72T and 82T catches~!!!! that doesn't count? by comparison emmitt has had long catches of 86, 68, 57 in his career...... zeke is a much better receiver out of the backfield than emmitt...again, emmitt in my mind is a top 3 all time RB....I am not saying zeke is better than emmitt, so not sure why you are trashing Zeke!!!

by the same token, for comparison barkley has had runs of 68T, 50T, 51T, 78T, 68, 59 in less than two years.... Barkley is got a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way to go to catch emmitt in anything

and is long runs measure of a RBs effectiveness and greatness?

chill kiddo, you have a lot to learn yet...it will happen. just be patient my young apprentice

You specifically stated that Smith couldn't get a run beyond 31 yards. You're a liar or were just outright wrong, for your sake, just go with the latter. Zeke's longest RUNS the past three seasons: 30, 41, 31. None of them went to the house. Even his receptions longs have dropped consistently every year: 83T, 72T, 38T, 27

Your arguments are bad. Who is up next?

cern

Reaction score
zeke is not under appreciated by the more astute among cz posters. they recognize his talent and his value to the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You specifically stated that Smith couldn't get a run beyond 31 yards. You're a liar or were just outright wrong, for your sake, just go with the latter. Zeke's longest RUNS the past three seasons: 30, 41, 31. None of them went to the house. Even his receptions longs have dropped consistently every year: 83T, 72T, 38T, 27

Your arguments are bad. Who is up next?
perhaps you are just looking to win an argument, my point was that emmitt wasn't known for his ability to break long runs....next time I will be very very very specific in my response as opposed to thinking you understand the intent of the discussion.....you since you are not focused on the argument at hand and Zeke's effectiveness and his ability as a runner, but just trying to win "an" argument.

so you are now saying zeke is on the decline and he sucks!...interesting

mattjames2010

Reaction score
perhaps you are just looking to win an argument, my point was that emmitt wasn't known for his ability to break long runs....next time I will be very very very specific in my response as opposed to thinking you understand the intent of the discussion.....you since you are not focused on the argument at hand and Zeke's effectiveness and his ability as a runner, but just trying to win "an" argument.

so you are now saying zeke is on the decline and he sucks!...interesting

What Smith was "known for" does not matter - the simple fact is, he broke long runs and took it to the house in his prime AND EVEN in his later years. Zeke has not been capable of this as a RUNNER for the past 3 seasons.

I never said Zeke "sucks" - not only are you a liar about Smith, now you're adding to my argument things I never said. I stated we didn't pay Zeke to just be good, we paid Zeke to be the best.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What Smith was "known for" does not matter - the simple fact is, he broke long runs and took it to the house in his prime AND EVEN in his later years. Zeke has not been capable of this as a RUNNER for the past 3 seasons.

I never said Zeke "sucks" - not only are you a liar about Smith, now you're adding to my argument things I never said. I stated we didn't pay Zeke to just be good, we paid Zeke to be the best.
every RB worth anything breaks long runs, but emmitt was not known for the type of RB that will make big play runs and break 50- yard runs routinely....Barkley is seemingly that type of big play back...Barry sanders, yes.

and you showed 6 long runs in 4400 carries....so you are ignoring the other 3394 runs? is a sample of 6 out of 4400 enough to make a case? I can give you a 100+ RBs in the league that had long runs in their careers half of which you would have no idea who they are.....

and you ignored the fact that Zeke has had 83T, 72T, 34T catch and run? does that not count....

son, my boy....my child....kiddo...its so obvious at this point that you are just trying to win "an argument" you have no clue about...I am guessing you haven't graduated high school yet, given the line of reasoning and the argument at hand. at this point you are not even discussing or debating the original thread or post.....

we paid zeke, what the market beared...we didn't pay him to be the best. fans tie contracts to expected performance and as a result become disappointed..... the two are not one and the same......again you show flaw in your logic....I am sure you will argue back given your inexperience and flawed logic

sorry son, you are done...….this argument is done.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
every RB worth anything breaks long runs, but emmitt was not known for the type of RB that will make big play runs and break 50- yard runs routinely....Barkley is seemingly that type of big play back...Barry sanders, yes.

and you showed 6 long runs in 4400 carries....so you are ignoring the other 3394 runs? is a sample of 6 out of 4400 enough to make a case? I can give you a 100+ RBs in the league that had long runs in their careers half of which you would have no idea who they are.....

and you ignored the fact that Zeke has had 83T, 72T, 34T catch and run? does that not count....

son, my boy....my child....kiddo...its so obvious at this point that you are just trying to win "an argument" you have no clue about...I am guessing you haven't graduated high school yet, given the line of reasoning and the argument at hand. at this point you are not even discussing or debating the original thread or post.....

we paid zeke, what the market beared...we didn't pay him to be the best. fans tie contracts to expected performance and as a result become disappointed..... the two are not one and the same......again you show flaw in your logic....I am sure you will argue back given your inexperience and flawed logic

sorry son, you are done...….this argument is done.

And Zeke isn't doing this. Thank you for proving my point. No reason to even address the rest of your comment.

cern

Reaction score
people with extremist viewpoints can never be taught anything. their minds are hermetically sealed shut. even a broken clock is right twice a day. an extremist is never right. but this doesn't prevent them from spouting illogic.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
people with extremist viewpoints can never be taught anything. their minds are hermetically sealed shut. even a broken clock is right twice a day. an extremist is never right. but this doesn't prevent them from spouting illogic.

And the extremist here is?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I deign to mention names.

I have yet to read anyone saying Zeke sucks. Not sure what has been so extreme.

Questioning Zeke's 2019 play along with his contract and if it was worth it is not an extremist position. it's pretty grounded actually in skepticism born from observation. I would say there is more "extreme" views on people who want to continually shut down the healthy criticism and only prop him up. That's blind fanatic talk.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I do wish he'd eschew the nose rings. no one looks better for wearing them. but that's just me.
I hate the fact he went that route. It’s a silly look for me. But that’s me. These are kids doing what they do. I get it.

Don’t care what you pierce. Please enlighten the fans that help pay your mega-salarie.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Kind of one of my original points is that we’re kind of unfairly tying his position value to his contract.

If you pay a player and they give you top 5 production every year I believe that’s worth it.

The idea that we could just plug in any rb omg the lineup and have it work out is just as bad as the zeke is overpaid argument in my opinion. Look at how many quarterbacks become instantly better when they have a running game.

Zeke doesn’t just put up stats he does all the title things to help us win. Like when we need that 3rd and 1 and he puts his head down and gets the first down 90% of the time. Those are big.

cern

Reaction score
I have yet to read anyone saying Zeke sucks. Not sure what has been so extreme.

Questioning Zeke's 2019 play along with his contract and if it was worth it is not an extremist position. it's pretty grounded actually in skepticism born from observation. I would say there is more "extreme" views on people who want to continually shut down the healthy criticism and only prop him up. That's blind fanatic talk.
a change in blocking schemes and a game plan devised for a specific opponent as was done against the rams shows just how effective zeke can be. prior to that, pretty lousy coaching of the defense allowed us to fall behind early and have to rely on dak's arm. not zeke's fault. when he is used intelligently, zeke is the best in the nfl at the rb position. this is just my opinion. but I prefer to see the big picture.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
a change in blocking schemes and a game plan devised for a specific opponent as was done against the rams shows just how effective zeke can be. prior to that, pretty lousy coaching of the defense allowed us to fall behind early and have to rely on dak's arm. not zeke's fault. when he is used intelligently, zeke is the best in the nfl at the rb position. this is just my opinion. but I prefer to see the big picture.

I'm sorry, but the fact that he's had over 1,000 carries since taking one to the house is not on a "change in blocking" or "coaching". Come on. That's on Zeke, it has been pointed out multiple times here and even Zeke HIMSELF has said he's missed some opportunities for bigger gains. Him slowing down has also shown he doesn't exactly have elite vision or patience at the line.

The criticisms Zeke gets are everything to do with him individually, as it should. A coach can't make a player run faster.

cern

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the fact that he's had over 1,000 carries since taking one to the house is not on a "change in blocking" or "coaching". Come on. That's on Zeke, it has been pointed out multiple times here and even Zeke HIMSELF has said he's missed some opportunities for bigger gains. Him slowing down has also shown he doesn't exactly have elite vision or patience at the line.

The criticisms Zeke gets are everything to do with him individually, as it should. A coach can't make a player run faster.
big picture. little picture. respond if you wish. I will not further this pointless topic.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Zeke gets alot of flak for being overweight or not "explosive" enough. For having such a huge contract that doesn't "justify" his play. Maybe he does look slow at times, but he has elite vision and can do it all as a RB.

Go look at the top 25 running backs guys in the NFL this year and tell me how many you can find that have the consistency of zeke. Cook, Gurley, Fournette, always hurt. Then you have guys like Kamara, Henry, Mixon, Aaron Jones. Guys with maybe one or two good seasons. Then guys that i feel will be great in Barkley, Mccafrey and Chubb, just early in their careers.

My point is. Ezekiel elliot in a "down year" is a top 5 nfl running back. Ezekiel elliot has done something the past four years not alot of other guys have done. Almost four straight 1000 yard seasons (if not for his bogus suspension). He's also played in every single game that was meaningful and didn't involve rest.

This guy will have 5500 yards rushing in 4 nfl seasons. Does anyone realize if he did that again he would be at 11000 yards in just 8 years! Which would be good for 22nd overall all time. Which would also likely put him in the hall of fame.I'll take his durability and consistency over almost any running back in the NFL.
so elliot gets a 90 million dollar contract, and you are worried about him getting appreciated ?? :huh:Are you in love with him?:muttley:
Elliot doesnt even know about this board, and when you make 15 mil a year you dont really care about fans ( which includes you too lol):grin: