Zeke watch - Still leading the league in rushing

aria

Reaction score
Last week I found was week 12, they're ranked 11th. And after Martin went out, seriously doubt they're even that high.

What about Gurley the last 2 weeks? 28 and 48 yards, guess he needs a top line to be good too, lol...
So you obviously didn’t read the link I provided or anything I’ve already said in this thread. Try that first then comment.

I’ve never said Gurley is better, just stated facts based on stats. I do think Barkley is better.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Our intellectuals leading this football team also kept him in the game when was over, letting him take even more beatings in attempt to make their scrub QB look better to no avail.

After it was 17-0 he had 3 carries, hardly taking a beating...

khiladi

Reaction score

That’s what happens when your down tha far ahead, because you got to rely more on the arm of the QB. Zeke has been taking a beating all year. There is a reason Check-down Charlie known as “Clutch” has only had two comebacks, all from 2016, when down by 10 points, meaning two scores.

Maybe you missed the point:

1. We are a heavy-volume running team
2. Zeke is forcing defenses to play more stacked boxes because he’s that good
3. Zeke is still performing at this high level, while still facing stacked boxes and getting that yardage
4. Zeke is the reason for the success of this offense

aria

Reaction score
Again, you’re using one game as an example. It’s the cumulative effect, he’s led the league in carries every year but last year and he woukd have led then too if it weren’t for the suspension.

Also, thanks for proving my point. He’s not going to get nearly as many carries when we can’t stop the other team and we’re down by 17 points yet you wanted him to have more carries?!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Again, you’re using one game as an example. It’s the cumulative effect, he’s led the league in carries every year but last year and he woukd have led then too if it weren’t for the suspension.

Also, thanks for proving my point. He’s not going to get nearly as many carries when we can’t stop the other team and we’re down by 17 points yet you wanted him to have more carries?!

Never know when a knee will give out, etc. "Saving" him for future years is admirable, but remember Landry held Dorsett back some early because he didn't want to "wear him out", but after 7-8 years he was still going strong, Landry admitted he should have run him more.

I'm sure you notice Zeke goes out for plays a lot, while he's young he can handle a lot of carries, in a 3-4 years he'll need to have his carries reduced...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe you missed the point:

1. We are a heavy-volume running team
2. Zeke is forcing defenses to play more stacked boxes because he’s that good
3. Zeke is still performing at this high level, while still facing stacked boxes and getting that yardage
4. Zeke is the reason for the success of this offense

I said the same thing essentially: "Zeke's having to fight a scratch for yardage, the holes in 2016 aren't there in 2018. To get what he's getting, with not enough carries many games and running behind this line, shows me Zeke ain't the problem..."

Not sure why you think I missed your point...

aria

Reaction score
Never know when a knee will give out, etc. "Saving" him for future years is admirable, but remember Landry held Dorsett back some early because he didn't want to "wear him out", but after 7-8 years he was still going strong, Landry admitted he should have run him more.

I'm sure you notice Zeke goes out for plays a lot, while he's young he can handle a lot of carries, in a 3-4 years he'll need to have his carries reduced...
I somewhat agree but he already seems more gassed than usual hence part of the reason why he’s not getting as many carries. He looked whooped yesterday.

Some people have the mindset of run him into the ground now and let him walk, not a bad strategy if they keep up what they’re doing. I also think 3-4 years is being generous with his current work load. There’s always exceptions (ie AP) but that’s obviously not the norm.

khiladi

Reaction score
I said the same thing essentially: "Zeke's having to fight a scratch for yardage, the holes in 2016 aren't there in 2018. To get what he's getting, with not enough carries many games and running behind this line, shows me Zeke ain't the problem..."

Apologies if that wasn’t your intent, because your phrase “hardly taking a beating” seemed to imply you were denying that point.

My original comments aren’t aimed at you, just speaking about how much of an impact Zeke is and how we are wasting him with the QB behind the Center.

aria

Reaction score

I dunno, maybe because I’m on an iPhone responding in between sets at the gym or maybe I didn’t miss it and it’s miscommunication.

blumayne38

Reaction score
You mean feel good that he leads the league in rushing because he averages ~2 and ~5 more carries per game than the others you mentioned (in that order). Or because he averages less ypc than the others you mentioned? or because he has several more fumbles than the others you mentioned? or because he has less long runs than the others you mentioned? Or because he plays behind a much better O line than at least Barkley?

I’m confused, he has more yards rushing but less ypc because he gets the ball several more times a game and that proves what? That he’ll have a much shorter career and be more prone to injury and wear and tear?
This is idiotic, Zeke has led the league in rushing since he stepped into the NFL tf is you’re point?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
In an absolutely dreadful NFL Sunday our massive meloned friend actually put a little distance on the field.

Zeke maintains the rushing lead with 1,349.

Gurley 1,251

Barkley still in 3rd with 1,155

Then Rod Smith and a bunch of other backs.

If you don't feel good about this you're not a real fan. Simple as that.
Still leading the league in all-purpose yards too.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=A

dwreck27

Reaction score
Really hope we can get a nice lead in the Bucs game and sit zeke

In a perfect world he getting an extra bye week during that final giants game