Zeke watch - Still leading the league in rushing

aria

Reaction score
In an absolutely dreadful NFL Sunday our massive meloned friend actually put a little distance on the field.

Zeke maintains the rushing lead with 1,349.

Gurley 1,251

Barkley still in 3rd with 1,155

Then Rod Smith and a bunch of other backs.

If you don't feel good about this you're not a real fan. Simple as that.
You mean feel good that he leads the league in rushing because he averages ~2 and ~5 more carries per game than the others you mentioned (in that order). Or because he averages less ypc than the others you mentioned? or because he has several more fumbles than the others you mentioned? or because he has less long runs than the others you mentioned? Or because he plays behind a much better O line than at least Barkley?

I’m confused, he has more yards rushing but less ypc because he gets the ball several more times a game and that proves what? That he’ll have a much shorter career and be more prone to injury and wear and tear?

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
You say that as if its a new concept. We have like 2 playoff wins in the last 25 years. This franchise is trash, so yeah leading the league in rushing is an accomplishment worth talking about. Coupled by the fact that Zeke did it with a garabage oline and mediocre at best QB in front of him.
If Zeke has a garbage O line and mediocre QB, what do you call the Giants O line and Eli? Pretty aure we have a couple pro bowlers, they have jouneymen and scrubs besides that rookie they drafted and their over rated, overpaid tackle. They also had Erec Flowers for half the season IIRC.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Are you really finding away to pin this one on the HC? I know Garrett isn't the best, but the players blew this game on their own.

omg ... no way .

Its like giving the same tecmo bowl playbook we've used for a decade, and blame dak if he doesn't execute it .

The same vanilla predictable playbook for 10 years, can't be cracked by an opposing defense ?

No , our last 5 games have been won by our defense . This game they just had a slip , and then this happens .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
omg ... no way .

Its like giving the same tecmo bowl playbook we've used for a decade, and blame dak if he doesn't execute it .
Example: The missed TD to Olawale. That was a well designed play, and should have been an easy TD. How can you blame the play calling, when the players fail to execute? I'm not a fan of the O coaching, but today wasn't their fault.

Ozone22

Reaction score
I would like for Zeke to get a playoff win to go along with that rushing title.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
In an absolutely dreadful NFL Sunday our massive meloned friend actually put a little distance on the field.

Gurley 1,251

Why are you not a real fan? LoL

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The Vegas crap and the story of the colts needing this game more crushed my hopes before kickoff.

It's scary how these games seemed rigged like that.

How the hell do we shut down luck but lose at the hands of their run game of the crazy *** flags everywhere.

BS man.

And the announcers tell how every missed call on the cowboys is a travesty but let a call get missed on the opponent and it’s an oh well from them

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If Zeke has a garbage O line and mediocre QB, what do you call the Giants O line and Eli? Pretty aure we have a couple pro bowlers, they have jouneymen and scrubs besides that rookie they drafted and their over rated, overpaid tackle. They also had Erec Flowers for half the season IIRC.

How many pro bowlers were out there today that you saw with you pretty little brown eye

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Example: The missed TD to Olawale. That was a well designed play, and should have been an easy TD. How can you blame the play calling, when the players fail to execute? I'm not a fan of the O coaching, but today wasn't their fault.

Going play by play on every offense drive would be a bit too much .

Garrett's results are there , the numbers don't lie . Season after season , year after year .

Professional players that played against and with Garrett's teams have stated opinions that he is a terrible coach .

- Tony said he wasn't an "x's and o's guy" , & that was the exact reason Jerry hired him.
- Witten has bashed his playbook multiple times this year .
- Ray Lewis laughed how predictable Garrett was during his games .
- Jerry went out of his way to forbid Garrett from play-calling .
- Its the same playbook since Garrett got here , vanilla and predictable.

9 years of examples, 'the missed td to olawale'?... da heck ?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Runny, agreed on that pass play to Olawale that he gator-armed at the endzone, but the very next play called on 4th & goal from the 1 was atrocious! Linehan calls for a 5 manned strong right, yet tries to get cute by running a counter to his weak-manned left side? What kind of a moronic playcall was that? Sorry but it's idiotic playcalls like that that prove Linehan is a problem.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gurley 1,251

Zeke is the offense!
Imagine this team without him how could we get a first down?
Even our limited inept passing game depends on the PA involving Zeke....
Jerry better sign him up asap come the off-season as you want to keep the Zeke happy!!!!

blumayne38

Reaction score
You say that as if its a new concept. We have like 2 playoff wins in the last 25 years. This franchise is trash, so yeah leading the league in rushing is an accomplishment worth talking about. Coupled by the fact that Zeke did it with a garabage oline and mediocre at best QB in front of him.
:hammer:

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yeah. It's like how DeMarco Murray had that stupendously successful season for the Cowboys in 2014 and then was only later a shell of himself as an Eagle and Titan later on.

Or earlier, how Felix Jones had a terrific rookie season in 2008 but was almost a non-factor by 2010 and beyond.

The era of Dorsetts and Emmitts is well over. Running backs wear out quickly these days.
This is stupid Zeke is wayyyyyy more talented then Murray ever was or will be Zeke has a chance to be in hOF when we get a good or even decent QB

blumayne38

Reaction score
Runny, agreed on that pass play to Olawale that he gator-armed at the endzone, but the very next play called on 4th & goal from the 1 was atrocious! Linehan calls for a 5 manned strong right, yet tries to get cute by running a counter to his weak-manned left side? What kind of a moronic playcall was that? Sorry but it's idiotic playcalls like that that prove Linehan is a problem.
You ever thought that maybe Dak is s problem in the red zone?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You ever thought that maybe Dak is s problem in the red zone?

He is !!!!
But we have the Dak-Zoids here waiting to bury anyone including Zeke to protect there most cherished # 4.....pay no mind there not Cowboy fans there Dak fans...oh if you live long enough you will see it all i guess....
Go Cowboys Go Star!!!!

blumayne38

Reaction score
He is !!!!
But we have the Dak-Zoids here waiting to bury anyone including Zeke to protect there most cherished # 4.....pay no mind there not Cowboy fans there Dak fans...oh if you live long enough you will see it all i guess....
Go Cowboys Go Star!!!!
Yup

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
How many pro bowlers were out there today that you saw with you pretty little brown eye
:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

Ya! Hey @aria ,what were you ":omg:WINKING" at during the entire game?

* I don'no man,but reading that at 2:30 am,,, just struck me as kinda funny,,,o_O