Zeke's hamstring 100%?

Thomas82

Reaction score
I hear ya and trust me I can't wait to see Zeke unleashed. I just remember despite his career year, DM29 wore down. The 1st 8 games were better than his last 8. I just thought he had a drop-off as we got closer to the playoffs.

If I had my way, Zeke would challenge Dickerson's single season rushing record. But would that be wise when you have Morris backing him up?

DM29 didn't have someone backing him up the caliber of Morris. So we had to ride him. With Morris, we don't have to give Zeke 392 carries. That's all I'm saying.

He could still challenge Eric Dickerson's rookie record of 1,808 yards in 1983.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This guy better stop thinking he is beast mode or we are really going to receive a hard blow when he goes down.

Well if he is going to run like that they need to limit his carries. I would love to see him ~250 rushes and ~50 catches. Morris is a worthy RB2 to carry the difference.

Essentially split the carries and have Zeke as the third down back would be my ideal usage. Keep both healthy, productive, and playing balls to the wall.

jday

Reaction score
Eh, Chancellor held his ground for the most part on both plays. Why he is one of the better safeties in the league.
No, he got ran over the first play and then got rammed to the ground while being spun off of the second. The only good hit Chancellor delivered was to Zeke's back which resulted in a penalty. Don't get me wrong, I get what your saying, but Zeke has said in several interviews now that is how he plays the game; he punishes the defense in the first half and then runs away from them in the second when their too exhausted to play catch up. And he proved against Seattle he'll lower his shoulder on anyone, and so far, he's going to win most battles. Just do yourself favor and watch all of the following video. He always falls for about 3 extra yards.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Zeke is a rookie, widely heralded at that, and he wants to establish a reputation. Every def. player wants to get shots in on the new "hotshot" regardless of team, but even better if it's a Dallas Cowboy. It seems risky, but when he brings the wood early and often, that reputation will grow and become fact. Def. players will start thinking twice after they've felt it and we will see more of them making "business decisions".

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Chancellor said it would have been a "bloodbath" had Elliott played the whole game. LOL, he knows the truth though. A whole game of them having to deal with those OL coming at them with Elliott running with a head of steam right behind them would have had that defense worn slap OUT by the start of the 4th quarter.

It would have been a bloodbath alright... just not in the way Kam insinuated.

Absolutely nothing is harder on a defense than what Dallas and Elliott did to them on that TD drive... and that was when they were fresh.

Chancellor won't say it... but he knows.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I know everyone is going on about him looking for contact in the Seattle game. I hated it, I wish he would have avoided Chancellor the first time the two went at each other, he could have made a move and there was a ton of space. Isn't this what Murray got criticized for, looking for contact rather than the open field?
Zeke was making a statement since Seattle was talking crap to him earlier. He is smart and knows when to lower the boom, when to get out of bounds and when to juke

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Chancellor said it would have been a "bloodbath" had Elliott played the whole game. LOL, he knows the truth though. A whole game of them having to deal with those OL coming at them with Elliott running with a head of steam right behind them would have had that defense worn slap OUT by the start of the 4th quarter.

It would have been a bloodbath alright... just not in the way Kam insinuated.

Absolutely nothing is harder on a defense than what Dallas and Elliott did to them on that TD drive... and that was when they were fresh.

Chancellor won't say it... but he knows.
He had to try and save face from being trucked and ran over twice by a rookie. Watch Kam, Earl and Sherman faces. Elliott was in their heads with one run and they had no response but a crap shot.....that's why Zeke did it again spun off it and left him on the ground haha was brilliant

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, he got ran over the first play and then got rammed to the ground while being spun off of the second. The only good hit Chancellor delivered was to Zeke's back which resulted in a penalty. Don't get me wrong, I get what your saying, but Zeke has said in several interviews now that is how he plays the game; he punishes the defense in the first half and then runs away from them in the second when their too exhausted to play catch up. And he proved against Seattle he'll lower his shoulder on anyone, and so far, he's going to win most battles. Just do yourself favor and watch all of the following video. He always falls for about 3 extra yards.

We have different views on what is being "ran over" - Ran over is what Jacobs did Laron Landry or Maurice Jones Drew did to Shawn Merriman. This is not getting run over.

Zeke is not that kind of back and he needs to stop pretending he is. He's an elusive back who shakes off defenders, he's not going to win many one on ones against safeties/linebackers trying to truck them.

He should have made a cut in that preseason game and hit the open field. I want yards and scores and only contact when it's necessary. He needs to spend a couple hours on the phone with Smith about this.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He had to try and save face from being trucked and ran over twice by a rookie. Watch Kam, Earl and Sherman faces. Elliott was in their heads with one run and they had no response but a crap shot.....that's why Zeke did it again spun off it and left him on the ground haha was brilliant
Watch 70 Zack Martin on the first play in this video to see why Seattle's defense hates to play against the Dallas offense, LOL.

Zack throws a guy to the ground and then when a Seattle defender grabs his arm because he's being too rough, Zack tries to elbow him in the head, haha. They can't intimidate the Dallas offense, even in Seattle. They tried in 2014 and failed and now, the Dallas offense is even tougher and more experienced.

I love this OL and I love Elliott behind them... and now Dak is going to add another rush threat on top of that.

Team's better hope the Dallas defense isn't any good.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Watch 70 Zack Martin on the first play in this video to see why Seattle's defense hates to play against the Dallas offense, LOL.

Zack throws a guy to the ground and then when a Seattle defender grabs his arm because he's being to rough, Zack tries to elbow him in the head, haha.

I love this OL and I love Elliott behind them... and now Dak is going to add another rush threat on top of that.

Team's better hope the Dallas defense isn't any good.

That's what I'm saying. Our offense with that physical OL and a run game that won't be stop teams will start to become 1 dimensional and pass, pass, pass which will lead to mistakes and turnovers. Our defense can get a couple stops or a turnover is lights out. Get a dose of Zeke then get Morris in there, throw in Jackson and rotate backs all game. Zeke with the most carries, Morris with a few and Jackson with 3-5........wow. Dak will have play action all game when he wants it

jday

Reaction score
We have different views on what is being "ran over" - Ran over is what Jacobs did Laron Landry or Maurice Jones Drew did to Shawn Merriman. This is not getting run over.

Zeke is not that kind of back and he needs to stop pretending he is. He's an elusive back who shakes off defenders, he's not going to win many one on ones against safeties/linebackers trying to truck them.

He should have made a cut in that preseason game and hit the open field. I want yards and scores and only contact when it's necessary. He needs to spend a couple hours on the phone with Smith about this.

Clearly your not familiar with the Cowboys identity...you underestimate the value running like that does for the entire team. It gives the entire team juice. In 2014 players played above their perceived talent. Much of that was a result of the punishment Murray dished out...and it tires the defense. Trust me, (since you won't watch the video) the long runs will happen too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. Our offense with that physical OL and a run game that won't be stop teams will start to become 1 dimensional and pass, pass, pass which will lead to mistakes and turnovers. Our defense can get a couple stops or a turnover is lights out. Get a dose of Zeke then get Morris in there, throw in Jackson and rotate backs all game. Zeke with the most carries, Morris with a few and Jackson with 3-5........wow. Dak will have play action all game when he wants it
Well, I don't know how the defense is going to do (I don't think anyone does)... so no predictions for me about how that side of the ball turns out, nor how the offense will effect the defense. I know ball control and scoring a lot will help but so many questions there.

And I think Dak will be okay passing the ball (although he won't be Romo) but I'm not sure of course.

What I do know is that the offensive line and Elliott/Morris is going to be a nightmare for defenses to stop. They run block like nobody's business and are physical as hell. They're gonna wear some people out. I mean out. Both Elliott and Morris are very good zone runners and defenses are going to be sick of their butts by the start of the second half.

I also know that Dak is going to create some additional problems for defenses with his legs. Teams are going to be so hellbent on stopping Ezekiel (they'll have to be) that Dak keeping the ball and taking off is going to be very problematic.

What else I do know is that defenses are going to have to put on their big boy pants to stop that run game and put a ton of effort into keeping Dallas from running wild on them... and in doing so, they're going to leave some open passing lanes for Dak that will make things a little easier on him than for your average rookie. He'll have some chances to make some big plays in the passing game. Will he take full advantage? Well, I'm back to wait and see on that, but I think he will in large part.

Finally, one more thing that I do know... if defenses want to all out rush the rookie QB, they better pray like hell that he doesn't dump that ball off to Elliott on a screen with Martin and Collins out in front. It will get real ugly, real fast for defenses if that happens.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how the defense is going to do (I don't think anyone does)... so no predictions for me about how that side of the ball turns out, nor how the offense will effect the defense. I know ball control and scoring a lot will help but so many questions there.

And I think Dak will be okay passing the ball (although he won't be Romo) but I'm not sure of course.

What I do know is that the offensive line and Elliott/Morris is going to be a nightmare for defenses to stop. They run block like nobody's business and are physical as hell. They're gonna wear some people out. I mean out. Both Elliott and Morris are very good zone runners and defenses are going to be sick of their butts by the start of the second half.

I also know that Dak is going to create some additional problems for defenses with his legs. Teams are going to be so hellbent on stopping Ezekiel (they'll have to be) that Dak keeping the ball and taking off is going to be very problematic.

What else I do know is that defenses are going to have to put on their big boy pants to stop that run game and put a ton of effort into keeping Dallas from running wild on them... and in doing so, they're going to leave some open passing lanes for Dak that will make things a little easier on him than for your average rookie. He'll have some chances to make some big plays in the passing game. Will he take full advantage? Well, I'm back to wait and see on that, but I think he will in large part.

Finally, one more thing that I do know... if defenses want to all out rush the rookie QB, they better pray like hell that he doesn't dump that ball off to Elliott on a screen with Martin and Collins out in front. It will get real ugly, real fast for defenses if that happens.
Ya teams will blitz but after a few big plays like that they will back out. Offense will be great I'm sure. Dak will do well with some huge plays

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Clearly your not familiar with the Cowboys identity...you underestimate the value running like that does for the entire team. It gives the entire team juice. In 2014 players played above their perceived talent. Much of that was a result of the punishment Murray dished out...and it tires the defense. Trust me, (since you won't watch the video) the long runs will happen too.

I have already watched that video. Again, Zeke is an elusive back that shakes off defenders in an impressive way. Yes, I'm sure he knocked back a few out off football college guys here and there. This is the NFL and he's not Peterson. You can talk all day about the running game and what a physical back does, but you need that kind of RB. If we want that kind of running game, put in Jackson who is built for trucking and contact.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
He's good to go, and if he isn't, Morris is ready to rock & roll, and if he isn't, Dmac will be ready, and if he isn't Darius can pound the rock, and if he isn't Rod Smith can get some carries.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Miles Austin's old doctor can personally vouch for the health of Elliott's hamstrings.