Zeke's sense of humor

johneric8

Reaction score
Well there is no doubt that he had to of read all of the press clippings and talking heads going about on how he lost a step and was out of shape, not to mention everyone saying that he lost his drive after he got paid! Hell, all he had to do is jump into this forum and he would of seen about a hundred post with the phrase "he looks fat", I'm sure he had enough, I hope it translates.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's try to see the forest for the trees. Last year he caught the virus and that had to slow him down. That disease is devastating. Normal people just lay down to deal with it but Zeke never missed a beat. Sure he was not the same and he dropped the ball some. He should be much stronger now. It takes time to recover. Of course not having his OL in front of him and no QB to play the position ended things for Zeke. He plays better when Dak is a threat too. That hopefully happens.

H-m-m, so that's it -- so, I can't see the forest for the trees?! Maybe that explains why I used to get lost in the woods while on bivouac for the National Guard many years ago. All those trees look alike when you're lost. Sounds like you've hit upon a pretty good case to excuse him, my friend. I surely do expect him to do better in 2021, though. We'll soon see about that. I wish him well. He's also worked really hard to recover his mojo, lately.

Here's hoping that Covid bug doesn't hit Zeke again, anytime soon. Not too sure it explains why he started going downhill before Covid hit, however. Anyhow, I kinda like Zeke, so I'll accept any excuse I can, just to make doggone sure I'm being 100% fair-minded, here. I also like to blame it on the OL being less than what they once were. That works, quite well, also. I really tend to believe many of us have been hard on him, though. ;)

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
E6X2grdXIAAWsRV

The funniest thing about this picture is there were people at the time who actually thought it was Zeke. You know who you are. :muttley:
I thought it was a previous pix of him. Lol

plymkr

Reaction score
H-m-m, so that's it -- so, I can't see the forest for the trees?! Maybe that explains why I used to get lost in the woods while on bivouac for the National Guard many years ago. All those trees look alike when you're lost. Sounds like you've hit upon a pretty good case to excuse him, my friend. I surely do expect him to do better in 2021, though. We'll soon see about that. I wish him well. He's also worked really hard to recover his mojo, lately.

Here's hoping that Covid bug doesn't hit Zeke again, anytime soon. Not too sure it explains why he started going downhill before Covid hit, however. Anyhow, I kinda like Zeke, so I'll accept any excuse I can, just to make doggone sure I'm being 100% fair-minded, here. I also like to blame it on the OL being less than what they once were. That works, quite well, also. I really tend to believe many of us have been hard on him, though. ;)
All jokes aside, and yes I joke around a lot and yes at first I WAS ONE who thought that Looney's picture was Zeke at first. With that being said we don't know how much Covid did effect Zeke's season. Covid seems to effect people differently. I'm hoping that part of Zeke's play last year was Covid related. It's encouraging to see him shed some pounds and go into the season in shape. The better he plays the farther the team will go so I'm pulling for him. Heck we got to pay him that bloated contract we might as well support him as much as possible.