Zierlein: 2018 NFL Draft class power rankings

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has the Giants 1st but....

COWBOYS

Draft picks: Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch (No. 19 overall), Texas OG Connor Williams (No. 50 overall), Colorado State WRMichael Gallup (No. 81 overall), Kansas DEDorance Armstrong (No. 116 overall), Stanford TE Dalton Schultz (No. 137 overall), Western Kentucky QB Mike White (No. 171 overall), Indiana LB Chris Covington (No. 193 overall), Boise State WR Cedrick Wilson (No. 208 overall), Alabama RB Bo Scarbrough (No. 236 overall).

Analysis: I think the Cowboys really knocked it out of the ballpark with their draft. Vander Esch could become a future star at linebacker and Williams will help to make the rushing attack elite again as a left guard. Schultz won't be the next Jason Witten, but he was a safe option on Day 3. Wideouts Gallup and Wilson have a chance to make noise for the Cowboys and landing Scarbrough in the seventh round is a steal.

-

Commanders 17th, Eagles 30th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-teams-18?akmobile=android&akcarrier=verizon

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Collins pick remains my favorite pick. Just a great mastery of the draft. Play offs!

CapnB

Reaction score
We had an incredible draft, especially given our draft position.

One of the best drafting teams for years now. We need to name Will Mcclay the GM and be done with it.

I really do think when Jerry retires that will happen. And I honestly dont think that time is very far off

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
We had an incredible draft, especially given our draft position.

One of the best drafting teams for years now. We need to name Will Mcclay the GM and be done with it.

There were some teams that not only had better draft positions but multiple 1st or 2nd round picks, which makes the ranking even more impressive.

DanA

Reaction score
Stole Armstrong (and he could be a pretty good pass rushing DE) and Schultz is a do everything TE the was the best of what was left. Overall pretty good picks.

No so sure he's a "do-everything" TE. He didn't make too many catches and rarely scored. I think he's excellent blocking but can't see him being a 600 yard 8 TD tight end any time soon. Think he's a guy that makes maximum 200 yards at NFL level and defined by his blocking.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
These analysts are all over the place. This guy has the Eagles in almost dead last yet Kiper have them an “A”.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No so sure he's a "do-everything" TE. He didn't make too many catches and rarely scored. I think he's excellent blocking but can't see him being a 600 yard 8 TD tight end any time soon. Think he's a guy that makes maximum 200 yards at NFL level and defined by his blocking.
Most college TEs don't catch a ton of passes or score a lot. Witten had 7 career TDs at Tennessee. Had more catches but not that much more.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

Yep. I'd love to be wrong, but I saw Pac-12 linebackers hanging on to him pretty good in coverage. I don't know how he's going to separate versus NFL athletes.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed. He's another backup quality TE on a team desperate for a starter.

I hated our 4th round. I have to learn not to get excited with two 4th round picks considering our recent history. Wilber and Johnson, Tapper and Prescott and now Armstrong and Schultz.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Don't just look at catches. When he was thrown too he caught it well, you have to look at what offense he was in and not just stats...... It doesn't tell the entire story

DanA

Reaction score
Don't just look at catches. When he was thrown too he caught it well, you have to look at what offense he was in and not just stats...... It doesn't tell the entire story

I suppose it doesn't but I'm kinda wondering why Stanford has another sophomore TE in his first year as a starter with almost twice as many yards and TD's. If he was as good as people are making then surely he'd be the standout no.1 rather than the blocking guy suggested by his stats.

Last edited: