Zierlein final mock 4/27/23

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zier...4-0-texans-take-will-anderson-at-no-2-pats-po

Pick
Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys

Mazi Smith

Mazi Smith
Michigan · DT · Junior (RS)
There are a very limited number of a big-bodied interior defenders in this class, so those guys could get pushed up the board, which is what happens here. Dallas needs to beef up in the middle, and Smith offers above-average athletic talent to go with good size and length.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like DTs. I covet DTs. I think the Jones boys are dumb when it comes to DTs. I think we need a big overhaul of the DT room.

But this pick? Ehhhhhh.......................... seems like a reach. But hey if they make this pick, I certainly can't argue they didn't put real assets into the position, something I have complained about for a years.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I like DTs. I covet DTs. I think the Jones boys are dumb when it comes to DTs. I think we need a big overhaul of the DT room.

But this pick? Ehhhhhh..........................
I like Mazi. I like Keeanu Benton better. Some think Benton could sneak into the first round.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Agree. He’s a 2 down player that doesn’t rush the passer.

reddyuta

Reaction score
cowboys will take Mcdonald if the draft fell this way.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm fine with this, pretty high floor player. It's a reach but you're not going to get him at 58.

I think what's more likely is that they go OL here and then trade up to get Mazi if they really like him.