Zierlein: Linderbaum is a top 8 player in this draft

RS12

Reaction score
Lance just mocked Central Michigan OT Bernhard Raimann to the Cowboys today.
I saw that. He is going to be a 25 year old rookie so he would need to make an immediate impact. A one contract guy no matter.

Carson

Reaction score
I saw that. He is going to be a 25 year old rookie so he would need to make an immediate impact. A one contract guy no matter.
I came to post this.

Dude is two months older than Biadasz and and three months younger than Steele.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don’t see it. But if they view him as a plug in RT, that allows them to move Collin inside then who knows. He does have athletic traits that makes you think he could be a good LT eventually. But round 1 is too rich for me.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ok so Stepnoski obviously worked out in that era.

People forget Tyron Smith was 290 LBs but they listed him at 308 LBs and a RT. I remember getting him at #9 but they say # 8. He was like 20 years old.

We know the rest.

Lindenbaum is 21 and a Center at 6’3”. The 10 to 15 LBs if required is up to who he gets drafted by.

Let’s get it over with. We’re not getting to draft him at our selection and it doesn’t matter either.

If he drops real heavy and we do get to-you, should know the rest.

It’s that LG position and the penalties from it. Biadasz some more practice and weight lifting. Playing beside a powerful vet would help greatly. More interested in mental than physical helps the center.

Right Philbin?

Go 3-4 and get an OLB pass rusher across from Parsons. DLaw gone and Gregory goes where he can.

Carson

Reaction score
Ok so Stepnoski obviously worked out in that era.

People forget Tyron Smith was 290 LBs but they listed him at 308 LBs and a RT. I remember getting him at #9 but they say # 8. He was like 20 years old.

We know the rest.

Lindenbaum is 21 and a Center at 6’3”. The 10 to 15 LBs if required is up to who he gets drafted by.

Let’s get it over with. We’re not getting to draft him at our selection and it doesn’t matter either.

If he drops real heavy and we do get to-you, should know the rest.

It’s that LG position and the penalties from it. Biadasz some more practice and weight lifting. Playing beside a powerful vet would help greatly. More interested in mental than physical helps the center.

Right Philbin?

Go 3-4 and get an OLB pass rusher across from Parsons. DLaw gone and Gregory goes where he can.
Draft Linderbaum, sign Will Hernandez.

Smith - Hernandez - Linderbaum - Martin - Collins

McGovern, Steele, Farniok, Ball as depth

AKATheRake

Reaction score

That's a nice line, but again, I doubt Lindenbaum is there at our pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Sydla

Reaction score

visionary

Reaction score

I like your plan but there are 2 issues

1. we have to build the OL and FA is before the draft. What if he doesn’t fall to us? Now you’re stuck with Hernandez and Biadasz

2. he is a little light and that can be a problem

my plan would be

1. sign Ryan Jensen from Bucs
2. Draft Green at LOG

this just as good as your plan and much more certain

cnuball21

Reaction score

1. we have to build the OL and FA is before the draft. What if he doesn’t fall to us? Now you’re stuck with Hernandez and Biadasz

my plan would be

2. Draft Green at LOG

LG is a bigger need but there are more options in the draft than C so this makes sense...If we could sign Jensen and land an OG in rounds 1-3 we'd be in a pretty good spot.

Just don't know how much he'll close and if we'll be able to afford him.

Carson

Reaction score

my plan would be

2. Draft Green at LOG

Oh ideally for sure. Jensen is a home run.

Difference is though is that Jensen's market value : Average $10 million per year. Hernandez would be a much cheaper option and we know Jerry likes cheap.

But given unlimited cap/resources to sign the BPA? Give me Jensen all day everyday over Hernandez

visionary

Reaction score
Oh ideally for sure. Jensen is a home run.

Difference is though is that Jensen's market value : Average $10 million per year. Hernandez would be a much cheaper option and we know Jerry likes cheap.

But given unlimited cap/resources to sign the BPA? Give me Jensen all day everyday over Hernandez

not unlimited but

1. To me OC is the number 1 need so I’d spend some money because Dak needs a solid OC who make the calls

2. I bet a creative team GM like Eagles in our cap situation would be able to sign what we need. We just have moron and son running us into the ground

Carson

Reaction score
not unlimited but

1. To me OC is the number 1 need so I’d spend some money because Dak needs a solid OC who make the calls

2. I bet a creative team GM like Eagles in our cap situation would be able to sign what we need. We just have moron and son running us into the ground
#2 beyond speaking the truth!!!! Drives me crazy