Zierlein: Ray and Gregory wont go in the first round

RS12

Reaction score
4. Randy Gregory and Shane Ray will go outside of the first round: Both of these players are legitimate top-10 talents in this draft, but there might be too much negative buzz around them to stay inside the first round. Ray was cited for marijuana possession earlier this week and Gregory failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine. As one executive told me: "If you are the GM who takes Ray or Gregory despite their current issues, then he had better not bust on them or you can pack your bags because the fans and media will never let you live that down."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-misinformation?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think at least one still goes first round... Shane Ray.

Bigdog

Reaction score
But if you are the owner/GM of a team that the owner would have fired the GM a long time ago than that is different.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If you could move down and get Ray, it would be hard not to do it. I think Gregory has tons of issues, wouldn't touch him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If this is true how could we not trade up even if it cost us our 2nd, 3rd and say 5th. I would go up to around 35 and get Gregory

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If this is true how could we not trade up even if it cost us our 2nd, 3rd and say 5th. I would go up to around 35 and get Gregory

Why would you throw a ton of picks to move up? Drop back 10 and add a third rounder.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If you could move down and get Ray, it would be hard not to do it. I think Gregory has tons of issues, wouldn't touch him.

How does Gregory have more issues than Ray? At least he's healthy. The pot busts are a wash IMO.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
How does Gregory have more issues than Ray? At least he's healthy. The pot busts are a wash IMO.

He can't seem to hold his weight....he can't play DE in the NFL at his size and he isn't a LB. I think there are mental issues with him. He shut down in the Bowl game and the stories after the combine were that he was a horrible interview. Gregory has a ton of question marks.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He can't seem to hold his weight....he can't play DE in the NFL at his size and he isn't a LB. I think there are mental issues with him. He shut down in the Bowl game and the stories after the combine were that he was a horrible interview. Gregory has a ton of question marks.

Ah ok. I didn't see the interview issues with him. I still don't think he's any more questionable than Ray.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His remarks about week made it seem as if he really can't quit. He was really proud of himself for not doing it everyday anymore.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is bad news for the Cowboys.
That means Ray and Gregory will not fill two of the top 26 draft slots and making it far more likely Gurley or Gordon will not make it to them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4. Randy Gregory and Shane Ray will go outside of the first round: Both of these players are legitimate top-10 talents in this draft, but there might be too much negative buzz around them to stay inside the first round. Ray was cited for marijuana possession earlier this week and Gregory failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine. As one executive told me: "If you are the GM who takes Ray or Gregory despite their current issues, then he had better not bust on them or you can pack your bags because the fans and media will never let you live that down."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-misinformation?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Unless, like, you own the team.

Gaede

Reaction score
Ray will go in the first round. Unless the injury thing really is a big deal. Some 3-4 team is going to love him.

Gregory I think has a long way to fall

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think Ray still goes in the 1st. Gregory is 50/50. I don't think the Cowboys have interest in either, so it's a moot point for me.

dbonham

Reaction score
I don't understand how he has so much trouble making weight. He's 6'5 or whatever. 230 is a normal weight for a civilian walking around at that height. I wonder if they never really pushed it at Nebraska since he wasn't having trouble against the run. Hire people to follow him around with a jar of peanut butter, call it the Randy Rules