Zimmer has the ability to make adjustments in the Defense

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ozzu said:
Zimmer isn't half the defensive coordinator that Campo was. Campo was actually a pretty damn good defensive coordinator. He was just a crappy head coach.
I'll agree with that.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ozzu said:
Zimmer isn't half the defensive coordinator that Campo was. Campo was actually a pretty damn good defensive coordinator. He was just a crappy head coach.

Yeah.

I dont understand why people hate Campo so much. I think he is just like Norv Turner, a really good assistant but not that great at head coaching.

Campo was a hell of a defensive coordinator, but he also had a lot more talent then Zimmer has had.

But, for some reason Zimmer was so aggressive in 2003. We were the number 1 ranked defense, because we took alot of chances because I think the coaching staff felt our lack of talent in the secondary was so bad that they had to blitz to get the QB to get rid of the ball quicker.

I remember after the New England game on ESPN we were extremely aggressive and we left Newman out on an Island and he gave up some big plays, but we were still not beaten that bad. After that game, I just remember the defensive play calling got really passive and it carried on into the 2004 Season. Most of the sacks, besides Ware's, were the result of Glover, Ellis, Canty and others just working really hard to get to QB.

I just feel like emailing Zimmer and letting him know we have some pretty good playmakers on defense and we should start taking chance. Zimmer, we actually have not 1, not 2, but 3 capable corners who can man-up and allow guys like Roy Williams and Keith Davis to blitz.

I am somewhat okay with Newman being in the slot during the Nickel Situations, but I think we could also use him to blitz every now and then.

I dont know who to give credit too on this site, whoever came up with the "Occupy and Engage" slogan, but it just seems like that is what we are doing. And when we do blitz, it seems like it is just up the middle, which I think is the worst plays to blitz the most because you dont has as many defensive lineman to protect your linebackers.

- Mike G.

wileedog

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Yea...the matchup is hyped all week.

Moss vs. The Cowboys Secondary

Everyone talking about how we have to keep at least two defenders on him at all times.

And he burns us in the 1st minute. Ha.

And doesn't do squat the rest of the game.

Ha.