Zimmer...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I am beating a dead horse, but my God this guy just seems like an idiot to me. He had 3 just terrible decisions in the 4th quarter today

1) Blitz 9 guys on 3rd and 12
I know that you want your corner to be able to come up and make a tackle in man coverage but that is just too dangerous when there is no safety help.

2) Blitz 9 guys again
I think it is the worst thing in the world when we just line up 9 at the LOS and send them all. The offense knows it is coming and can easily react. Corners have to play softer b/c with no safety help they have to make sure nothing gets behind them. It just puts too much pressure on the corners and when the blitz gets picked up anyways nothing is accomplished except the offense succeeding easily.

3) WHY ARE BRADIE JAMES AND SCOTT FUJITA ANYWHERE NEAR DANTE HALL WITH 10 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME?
How is there not 7 DBs on the field when you know there is a pass coming and you are only rushing 3. This just doesnt make sense to me at all...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
cant fault zimmer too much today. we really had no answer for KC's offense. When we bltized, they made plays. When we sat back in coverage, Green had YEARS in the pocket and would eventually find an open WR for a nice gain. Only way to disrupt them is to have dominant pass rushing from the DLine, which we dont have.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
Maybe I am beating a dead horse, but my God this guy just seems like an idiot to me. He had 3 just terrible decisions in the 4th quarter today

1) Blitz 9 guys on 3rd and 12
I know that you want your corner to be able to come up and make a tackle in man coverage but that is just too dangerous when there is no safety help.

2) Blitz 9 guys again
I think it is the worst thing in the world when we just line up 9 at the LOS and send them all. The offense knows it is coming and can easily react. Corners have to play softer b/c with no safety help they have to make sure nothing gets behind them. It just puts too much pressure on the corners and when the blitz gets picked up anyways nothing is accomplished except the offense succeeding easily.

3) WHY ARE BRADIE JAMES AND SCOTT FUJITA ANYWHERE NEAR DANTE HALL WITH 10 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME?
How is there not 7 DBs on the field when you know there is a pass coming and you are only rushing 3. This just doesnt make sense to me at all...

Zimmer is never to blame for anything. It is always someone elses fault. I was thinking of starting a Official Mike Zimmer Excuse thread but why bother...we won.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I do wish we could get better at blitzing. I dont mind the send the house call but it needs to be timed a bit better.

What 7 DBs did you have in mind ? Love to see that list.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Man some people have been waiting weeks to be able to make this thread lmao

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I can't stand Mike Zimmer, those blitzes were KILLING me!!

Why bring the house or go 3/4 prevent all the time on third and long?

I mean what about mixing it up MIKE ZIMMER!

Go LB then SS then CB, switch sides and fake a blitz, that's where pressure comes and leaves enough guys in coverage at the same time. I don't get the play calls on Defense, but the clock management left something to be desired also and that wasn't Zimmer fault but dang nabbit, he calls those Defense plays, I saw him doin' it!

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
cant fault zimmer too much today. we really had no answer for KC's offense. When we bltized, they made plays. When we sat back in coverage, Green had YEARS in the pocket and would eventually find an open WR for a nice gain. Only way to disrupt them is to have dominant pass rushing from the DLine, which we dont have.

For one, they have the BEST LT in the game-Willie Roaf. I've said this alot so far, but any Left DE will tell you he's impossible to pass rush against. When he was injured early in the season, the entire O took a big blow.

And yes, this O is really something special-great OL, multiple WR packages + Gonzales, and that power running game to boot.

Frankly, the Gints are gonna have their hands full next week.